• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking a QDI P6I440BX mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smitty_mla

Yes, this baby is an old warhorse. Old pentium II era. It comes equipped with something called "SpeedEasy" which lets you change the speed in the BIOS setup screen. I did this and rebooted the system, yet there is no change (the system even acknowledges that the cpu is still running at the old speed of 300mhz). I have tried this as well as jumper emulation, yet the effect is always the same (that is, none). Does anyone know what the problem could be or any software that could help me out? I'm pretty new at overclocking (just started tonight, actually) and I appreciate your help. Thanks a lot!

I have one

I have one of these MB that I use for t'shooting older hard drives and components. The speed easy system is rather unreliable and as such I don't use it. OCing a PII or early PIII won't give you much of a boost anyway. Use the system as is and it should give you good service.

Back