• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking DDR2...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scghst1

Hey everyone:)

I've been having this issue with my memory not overclocking correctly.

I have an E6600 Core 2 Duo 2.4 @ 3.15 GHz (OC'd)
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L

And I can't seem to get it higher on air but I'm fine with 3.15.

What I need to know is why my memory cannot go higher than 800 Mhz. I have 2 sticks of PC2-DDR2-800 OcZ gaming memory and a stick of 2 GB. My motherboard runs in flex mode, is that why I cant OC it? I can strap it to 266 Mhz and get up to 875mhz OC'ed but no farther and anything less than a strap of 400 is getting sub-par. When I strap to 400mhz the highest i can get it is 800(normal DDR2-800 speed). So i was wondering if there were any other tips on getting my memory OC'd higher. Thanks!

What are its stock timings and voltage? Is it set at that? (Post screenshots of CPUz SPD and Memory tabs)

All of the RAM's stock timings are 5-5-5-15 and yes they are set to that, though the OCz can be set to 4-5-5-13 at strap of 333Mhz while the generic 2GB stick cannot be. voltage is 1.8 and yes its set to that as well

Back