• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking GA-MA790X-UD4P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pcgamer626

Hello guy's and girl's i wanted to ask if overclocking this motherboard would be worth it i play RPG's and i was wondering if it can be done i've had it for 4years and money is a little tight at the moment, i'm running a Phenom ii x2 550 overclock'd at 3.51hrtz 8gb of DDR2, Nvidia G-force GTX 550 Ti and this GA-MA790X-UD4P motherboard.

Certainly no reason not to. Odds are that CPU can do 3.8 with a decent cooler.

Those "older" Gigabyte boards are/were workhorses... I used to run a UD5P of the same 790 series and it let me take my 555BE upwards of 4GHz for short runs on air... I kept that chip, on that board, at 3.8GHz without any problems for daily use for months... You do need a cooler better than the stock one AMD provides... Not like you will have to go and spend $100 on a Noctua NH-D14 or anything like that... A nice CM Hyper 212+ would do. :D

If you computer case measured across the top from one side cover to the other is at least 7.5 inches or the case will not be wide enough to mount the 212 EVO type cpu cooler. They stand pretty tall from the motherboard.
... A nice CM Hyper 212+ would do. :D

ok so i tried it and when i tried restarting my computer it didn't turn on i have a corsair watercooler for my CPU don't know what i might of done wrong :/

Back