• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking GeForce 210

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rohitaar

Hi... I am Rohit and I am new here. So as I am here I will explain my problem..
So I have bought a new Desktop on 8 Aug 2011. And I installed another Graphics Card. It is a Gainward GeForce® 210 1024MB DDR3.http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=424
I wanted a better Graphics Card but my Brother would not accept that's why I came to you guys! I know its risky! but I need to play NFS The RUN smoothly on my computer (Its very slow)! So I am asking how to overclock my graphics card safely. I need to play it fast.. I know if its overclocked too much it will burn my graphics off.. I don't want it.So I need to know how to overclock the graphics card when I play games only. Other-times let it be normal. So guys I have never overclocked anything. please guide me very understanding manner also. Please !:bang head:bang head
Please give me the link for the softwares also!!
And Thanks in Advance!!

EDIT: There was a software disk when this CD came and inside it there was a software called 'EXPERTool'.
I installed it and opened it and there was a button called overclock!!!.. but I don't know how do it safely. I will give you the picture!!http://postimage.org/image/a6769vj3f/

Last edited:
Unsure why you would want to overclock a 210. It's a lower end card (compared to a 250/260/275) and results will be minimal if that. Without knowing the rest of your system's specs, we're just going to guess here. But if you're dead set on overclocking it to try and get your frames up in your games, check this newbie guide . Hopefully it will point you in the direction you want to go ;)

Unsure why you would want to overclock a 210.

I knew it you would ask why because my dad doesn't want money to be wasted in these days because the games are advancing more and more day by day..
We don't have that much money to spend on graphics Card itself and if I ask dad itself he will kill me as I told you its not even a year after I bought it.

It's a lower end card (compared to a 250/260/275) and results will be minimal if that. Without knowing the rest of your system's specs, we're just going to guess here. But if you're dead set on overclocking it to try and get your frames up in your games, check this newbie guide . Hopefully it will point you in the direction you want to go ;)

And will you please help me with this overclocking.. I will give you the that contained my specs which is taken from DirectX.https://rapidshare.com/files/2220342533/DxDiag.txt This will contains all my specs (I think so):):):salute: Thank You for your reply!

That guide seems to be incredibly old... yikes.

Roh - Just DL and install MSI Afterburner (even though you dont have an MSI card, yes). It will show you core and memory clockspeeds. Start with the core/shader (linked) and push up 25Mhz or so and test it with a benchmarking program like 3dmark11. If it works and there isnt any artifacts, push up another 25Mhz core/shader... rinse and repeat until freezes or shows artifacts, then back it down to the last know good speeds.

Do the same thing with the memory. Once you find both limits, try to run both at those same clocks. YOu may need to lower one or the other to make it stable.

Good luck!

Roh - Just DL and install MSI Afterburner (even though you dont have an MSI card, yes). It will show you core and memory clockspeeds. Start with the core/shader (linked) and push up 25Mhz or so and test it with a benchmarking program like 3dmark11. If it works and there isnt any artifacts, push up another 25Mhz core/shader... rinse and repeat until freezes or shows artifacts, then back it down to the last know good speeds.

Do the same thing with the memory. Once you find both limits, try to run both at those same clocks. YOu may need to lower one or the other to make it stable.

Good luck!

Hi I have downloaded Msi Afterburner and installed it..
I want to run 'NFS The RUN smoothly so if boost it a 30 mhz will it be good?

You have been given a method above... try it.

Thing is, like neb said, you cant turn an hippo into a cheetah... but 30Mhz isnt going to give you much performance increase. you need to push the card further.

Yeah I know it was an old guide, but I figured it was simple enough for the OP to learn from. I didn't want him to get overwhelmed with a more modern guide ;)

What is really the killer on this card is the memory bandwidth of 8gb/s. Even if you overclock the chip itself you won't see much of a difference in performance especially if you are running a 1080p monitor. For example my gpu has a memory bandwidth of 132gb/s and that is really a mid-range card. Im sorry that you wont get much better performance out of your card. You could always shoot for the moon and try a 120mhz overclock but still maybe a 5% gain at most.

Welcome Rohit:welcome: Great group of guys here.... Any advice you get, will be spot on.

Enjoy the board, and good luck with your 210.

dd

Thank you!!!

What is really the killer on this card is the memory bandwidth of 8gb/s. Even if you overclock the chip itself you won't see much of a difference in performance especially if you are running a 1080p monitor. For example my gpu has a memory bandwidth of 132gb/s and that is really a mid-range card. Im sorry that you wont get much better performance out of your card. You could always shoot for the moon and try a 120mhz overclock but still maybe a 5% gain at most.

Aaah I know I should have bought a better card. I just want to play NFS little smoother!!

You have been given a method above... try it.

Thing is, like neb said, you cant turn an hippo into a cheetah... but 30Mhz isnt going to give you much performance increase. you need to push the card further.

I have downloaded Msi Afterburner and also the 3dmark11. I opened the Msi Afterburner but what should I boost ?

Last edited:

Good luck!

You said that core and shader are connection but the version that i have downloaded doesn't have shader clock... ?!!?

WELL, HI EVERYBODY JUST MADE AN ACCOUNT TO ANSWER AND QUESTION HERE ON THIS POST.

I HAVE GEFORCE 210, CORE 2 DUO 1.86 GHZ, 2.50 GB RAM. 240 GB HARD DRIVE AND 2 TB PORTABLE, 4 GB READY BOOST, AND DELL OPTIPLEX 745.

WELL MY GAMES RUN SMOOTHLY ON LOW BUT AT MEDIUM THEY LAG MUCH MORE THAN I EXPECT.
SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME BEFORE THAT IT WAS ONLY HAVING 8GB/S BANDWIDTH, AND I WOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT THIS.
WELL, WHAT'S HAPPENED HAPPENED. AND I MIGHT BUY A NEW GRAPHIC CARD AFTER YEAR OR TWO SINCE I ONLY BOUGHT IT AN YEAR AGO.
NOW, WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLAY ON LOW OR OVERCLOCK IT.
ANOTHER THING I AM ONLY HAVING 220-240 WATT PS?
SHOULD I CHANGE IT?
DOES IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE?

Honestly, overclocking that card won't net you any extra performance. It would be so marginal that I wouldn't even recommend it and that PSU isn't going to allow any extra headroom. If it is a OEM PSU (dell,HP) they ate rated higher than the actual output which could lead to a serious failure. You will also be very limited as to putting a new GPU in the system since your CPU will bottleneck anything above a gtx 280.

WELL, HI EVERYBODY JUST MADE AN ACCOUNT TO ANSWER AND QUESTION HERE ON THIS POST.

I HAVE GEFORCE 210, CORE 2 DUO 1.86 GHZ, 2.50 GB RAM. 240 GB HARD DRIVE AND 2 TB PORTABLE, 4 GB READY BOOST, AND DELL OPTIPLEX 745.

WELL MY GAMES RUN SMOOTHLY ON LOW BUT AT MEDIUM THEY LAG MUCH MORE THAN I EXPECT.
SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME BEFORE THAT IT WAS ONLY HAVING 8GB/S BANDWIDTH, AND I WOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT THIS.
WELL, WHAT'S HAPPENED HAPPENED. AND I MIGHT BUY A NEW GRAPHIC CARD AFTER YEAR OR TWO SINCE I ONLY BOUGHT IT AN YEAR AGO.
NOW, WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLAY ON LOW OR OVERCLOCK IT.
ANOTHER THING I AM ONLY HAVING 220-240 WATT PS?
SHOULD I CHANGE IT?
DOES IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE?

I agree with Peanutbutter

Okay, so you mean to tell me, that, I should change my graphic card and power supply. okay so tell me, is 9600gt good for gaming for the next 5-10 years and what range of power supply should I buy. 500-700 watt?
going to setup my pc after the IGCSE papers.
however, i have found another way to play games smoothly which is, download game booster iobit and stop many unwanted services and, also set game priority to high.
game works fine but my heart wont rest until i do play games the real way.

And what do you mean by bottleneck?
THANKS

A bottleneck is a phenomenon where the performance or capacity of an entire system is limited by a single or limited number of components or resources.

Okay, so you mean to tell me, that, I should change my graphic card and power supply. okay so tell me, is 9600gt good for gaming for the next 5-10 years and what range of power supply should I buy. 500-700 watt?
going to setup my pc after the IGCSE papers.
however, i have found another way to play games smoothly which is, download game booster iobit and stop many unwanted services and, also set game priority to high.
game works fine but my heart wont rest until i do play games the real way.

That card is way too old... 3 yrs

get hold of msi afterburner and move both memory and core sliders to the top im currently running the core at 650mhz and memory at 695mhz. as this is as high as msi afterburner will let me put it. you may get an extra 5 fps but its worth it if games are just playable.

that being said playing bioshock infinite at very low at 1366x768 it barely gets 22fps (18 without the overclock).

bear in mind its not a gaming card its just something to put out a hd signal and watch hd videos. my old 9600gt was 3x more powerfull than the 210 and that card is now showing its age (came out in 2008)

Entry level cards actually tend to overclock quite well, but an overclock is still just icing on the cake and rarely makes the difference between settings being playable and unplayable. If you're getting ~20fps in your fame, even a great overclock isn't likely to get you more than 2-3fps more. The only way to get an appreciable performance boost would unfortunately be to upgrade.

If you want to stretch your dollar a bit further you could look for clearance deals or buy/sell/trade forums. We've got a few at our online store, and even a 9500GT for $10 would double your performance compared to a 210. The GT 240 for $19 would be 4x as fast:

http://store.galaxytechus.com/Galax...ce-special--90-day-limited-warranty_p_26.html

http://store.galaxytechus.com/Galax...ce-special--90-day-limited-warranty_p_39.html

Back