• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wiggi

I was wondering i have a AMD fx 6100 overclocked right now to 4.0ghz is that the mosti can push it? i am running a liquid cooled system but when i up the fbs or the volts i get nothing. i wanted to get it to 4.5 but i could use some help im stuck on this one.:comp:

one of the current fx owners will be by soon and you will find you have much to get out of that cpu.
please read the stickys at the top of the amd cpu section, where you started this thread, this will get you started off on the right foot.

good luck and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
I was wondering i have a AMD fx 6100 overclocked right now to 4.0ghz is that the mosti can push it? i am running a liquid cooled system but when i up the fbs or the volts i get nothing. i wanted to get it to 4.5 but i could use some help im stuck on this one.:comp:

You shouldn't be using the fsb to overclock when you have a black edition CPU like that. That causes several other things (ram, HT Link frequency and CPUNB frequency) to get faster and any of them can become the source of instability. Use only the CPU multiplier and the CPU voltage.

Have you checked core and CPU socket temps under load? High temp is one of the most common causes of instability and those FX CPU run hot when you start to overclock and up voltage. What cooler are you using? Just because you are using water cooling doesn't necessarily mean it's adequate. Is this a self-contained all in one water loop or custom? Please give make model or if custom, more details about radiator size, fans, etc.

i have found a stable 4.7ghz not messing with the fbs i will post prime95 and cpuz stats in i little but i will say it helps running liquid cooling

What liquid cooling system are you using? Is this a custom loop or a pre-built all in one kit? When you say you have it at 4.7 "stable" what have you done to confirm stability. You need to see if it will pass at least a couple hours of the Prime95 blend test to conclude its stable. And watch temps when you do that with HWMonitor. You don't want your core temps to exceed about 60c.

Back