• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking i7 950 on ASUS Sabertooth X58

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

broken_Naols

Wassup guys! Its been a while since I posted!

Thought I would update you with my latest OC adventures.

Current setup...

CPU - I7 950 D0 stepping
MoBo - ASUS Sabertooth X58
RAM - 8GB corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
PSU - Antec Tru-Power 650W
Case - Fractal Design Define XL R2 'Black Pearl'
Cooler - Thermalright True 120 with Silverstone fan.
OS - Samsung 120GB SSD
Couple of 500GB WD HDD's

So my mate built this system a few years ago. (Well I built it for him) He had some problems with memory mabe a year later, so went and bought a new Mobo CPU RAM combo and sold me the i7, X58 Board and RAM. of the 2 sticks of Super Talent RAM, 1 had a burnt out pin. And only 3 of the slots on the Mobo acualy work.. :(

So I bought a spare 4gb stick and that was that. Didn't really OC much.

Fast Forward to today.(Ish)

So one day a couple of weeks ago I decided to check the temps, a vert toasty 90* + on all 4 cores... I open the side case to a dead CPU fan. :mad:
So I shut it diwn and put on the old silverstone fan (Real loud)
I Pick up the 8GB Coarsair RAM second hand from a local shop.

I have spent the past week reading guides and stuff to get to grips with the i7 setups again.

My ultimate goal for this is 4.2 but I have struggled to get it stable at that setting, This is where I am just now. (Vcore is under 1.35 but no longer reported by CPU-z.)
I'll post BIOS screenshots soon, and more updates to come. :D

950 OC.jpg

So, Finally got it stable at 4.2ghz :clap:
Before I was getting a '0x9c' BSOD. But this time I got a 0x101 BSOD.... So upped the Vcore a little.

OC4200.jpg

Back