• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Overclocking Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 on Intel DG41RQ Mainboard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iYaMhex0r.

Registered
Hi guys, I am new here. Whaddup? Anyways :-

My System Specs are :

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz (2 Cores, 3MB Cache)
RAM - Simmotronics 2GB DDR2 667MHz (1 Stick)
Motherboard - Intel DG41RQ
GPU - XFX Radeon HD 4350 1GB DDR2.

I am soon gonna upgrade too :

Processor - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz (4 Cores, 8MB Cache)
RAM - Corsair XMS2 2x2 = 4GB DDR2 800MHz (2 Sticks)
Motherboard - Intel DG41RQ (Default)
GPU - XFX Radeon HD 6850 Black Edition 1GB GDDR5.

Also tell me that what coolers and fans I should buy for the CPU Overclocking?

Now being a little Intelligent :p , before I buy all this. I wanna know that how can I overclock my Q6600. I know I can't tweak in the DG41RQ bios. But I can do that by using Overclocking Utilities. I saw something about Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 Overclocking on DG41RQ in these forums and that was successful. There must be some way to overclock the Q6600 too. I wanna Overclock it to at least 3GHz. As I am a budget Gamer I really need to overclock this after buying. Please help me, thanks.

Last edited:
I am also interest in overclocking my Q6600 but I will be using a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R, I am going to use a Corsair A70 air cooler picked it up at a good price from newegg it is $46 before $15 mail in rebate.

To start learning how to overclock, read these two threads:

That should get you a good knowledge base from which to begin. Unfortunately I fear your Intel board may not have the ability to overclock. You may need to consider a new board and potentially a new PSU before you overclock.

EDIT - You might want to consider a new board anyway. That board's power section looks woefully inadequate to overclock a Q6600. It doesn't even have a heat sink, so at the least you may run into heat problems with your MOSFETs, especially as hard as they're going to be working to power an overclocked Q6600; again, if it can overclock.

Hi this is madhawa101...... :D
well.....setfsb overclocking...... on dg41rq by me, is good to go... use it! but! i don't recommend it for long use because it not the PLL chip on the board i'm using. it's CV186-2APAG on board but closest one i could find is CV184-2APAG... but it works....

but i recommend you to get a good board with overclocking in BIOS..... i'm also trying to get one but short on green stuff :D

about coolers....

"asus silentknight" would be nice... don't you think?? :)

Back