• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Msi 970 gaming Mobo Bios help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

suitercrew1

Hey everyone this is my first post, I just bought my first gaming desktop and need some help with the OCing. I'm pretty familiar with some things, since I've had a lot of gaming laptops, but overclocking on those is very limited. What I can't figure out is how I can set amd turbo core to only turbo 1 or 2 cores instead of every core. I don't see the point in heating up the cpu and making it work harder when I'm playing a game that only uses 1 or two cores, plus then I should have more headroom for the 1 or 2 cores that are being used right? Thanks for the help.

Specs:
AMD-Fx6300 Oc to 4.5ghz currently on all cores
XFX Radeon R9 290X
MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard Bios ver. 22.4
windows 10

What you want to do with turbo isn't goig to happen. FX just doesn't work that way it's going to be all or nothing. You haven't listed your cooling either.
What you can do which I have done in the past is create an OC profile in BIOS for gaming and disable two cores. You'll be able to get 4 cores higher than 6

Back