• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking my RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPL Tech

I'm trying to OC the RAM in my signature but I'm getting nowhere. My next step up on my motherboard is 3700 Mhz. There is nothing between 36 and 37. After that it's 3766 I think. Anyway, at 1.35v the RAM is not stable at 3700 MHz. So I suspect I need more voltage but I dont know how much voltage these chipsets can take. Is 1.4 unsafe?

I asked the same question not long ago. I was told 1.5v is ok too, and going through the MHz scale and playing with tighter timings I am ok with 1.5v daily with B-Die.. Kind of wish I had an Intel to play with to take advantage of my ram :cry:

Alright, this RAM overclocks like total trash. I thought Corsair was good RAM? Man I was wrong on that one. I bumped the voltage to 1.4v and for some reason that made it worse. I couldent even boot into Windows with just a 100 Mhz increase. So then I bumped SAAIO from 0.9 to 1.35 and SA to 1.35. Then I was stable with +100 Mhz but with +200 Mhz I couldent even POST. So like a 0.5v bump on the RAM voltage and a massive increase from 0.9 to 1.35 on the IO voltage just for 100 MHz. That's total trash. Maybe I'll have more luck lowering the timings instead, but I doubt it. I dont think I will be able to overclock this RAM at all.

Corsair is a brand. They use a variety of chips on the sets that they sell. They sell low, mid, and high end sets with timings, speeds, and ICs to match.

Corsair will put everything in their RAM as long as it meets general specs. You can count on the worst overclocking IC in the most expensive kits too.

Back