• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking old core 2 duo e7500 cpu, need help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tusetuse2

Hello there.
Here is my specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTS 250 1GB
RAM: Kingston 2x4GB DDR3 PC3-10700
PSU: PowerBox 700W

I need help to overclock my cpu to get better performance in gaming, i know that the cpu is very old but i can't get better now.
So i need someone who will help me.

Thanks.

You need to drop the ram speed and start raising the FSB when it gets unstable add some core voltage. Test with Prime 95 and watch your temps

Enter the BIOS. From the main screen press <Ctrl> + <F1> to unlock advanced features.
Go to the MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.) section, take a photo of that page and post it here.
I'm looking at the manual online and I do not see an option to adjust the front side bus (FSB) frequency, only the CPU Clock Ratio (we call that the multiplier).
The multiplier is only adjustable on certain unlocked or Extreme model CPUs. I don't think your CPU is upward unlocked and it is not an Extreme model.

Enter the BIOS. From the main screen press <Ctrl> + <F1> to unlock advanced features.
Go to the MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.) section, take a photo of that page and post it here.
I'm looking at the manual online and I do not see an option to adjust the front side bus (FSB) frequency, only the CPU Clock Ratio (we call that the multiplier).
The multiplier is only adjustable on certain unlocked or Extreme model CPUs. I don't think your CPU is upward unlocked and it is not an Extreme model.

lightshot.jpg
20180324_173220.jpg

The area of the M.I.T. called ***Clock Chip Control*** is not shown in the manual. I am assuming the <Ctrl>+<F1> made it visible.
You overclock by raising the CPU Host Frequency (MHz) in small steps, followed by a stability test. I usually run Prime95 Blend test for a little while before raising the CPU Host Frequency (we call it the FSB for short) again. I also monitor the CPU temperature while running Prime95.

That being said, your CPU is already overclocked. I looked up the E7500 and it is 2.93GHZ (266x11). Your current CPU Frequency is 3.33GHz (333x10).

Now please download CPU-Z, open it 3 times, take a screenshot (Print Scrn, paste into Paint, crop & save). Post that screenshot here. I'm posting an example.
CPU-z My i5.png

The area of the M.I.T. called ***Clock Chip Control*** is not shown in the manual. I am assuming the <Ctrl>+<F1> made it visible.
You overclock by raising the CPU Host Frequency (MHz) in small steps, followed by a stability test. I usually run Prime95 Blend test for a little while before raising the CPU Host Frequency (we call it the FSB for short) again. I also monitor the CPU temperature while running Prime95.

That being said, your CPU is already overclocked. I looked up the E7500 and it is 2.93GHZ (266x11). Your current CPU Frequency is 3.33GHz (333x10).

Now please download CPU-Z, open it 3 times, take a screenshot (Print Scrn, paste into Paint, crop & save). Post that screenshot here. I'm posting an example.
View attachment 197560

Nothing happen when i do <CTRL> + <F1> and everything is the same in M.I.T. I have overclocked to 3.33 from 2.93 and it's stable. I have played a game for a long time and everything is good. TEMP ingame are 54-60 C max.
And in CPU-Z i see nothing in SPD in all 4 slots.
Untitled.png Untitled1.png Untitled3.png

What is the exact make and model of the kingston RAM you are using? There should be a label on the side of the RAM sticks giving that information. We need to see what the recommended timings are.

Also, are you using a stock intel cooler to cool the CPU or an aftermarket cooler? If the latter, what is the make and model. Your temps are okay while running your game but that is not a true stess test. As someone else has said, please download and install Prime 95 and check temps while you run the "just stress testing" default (blend) test forv 20 minutes. That will give us a better idea of how well you cooling is handling your current overclock.

Your current RAM frequency at the overclock point you have arrived at is 1066 (532.8 x 2). The CPU-z memory tab gives that information. This is already the speed your RAM is rated for. As someone else was saying in order to ovreclock much higher you will need to lower the "System Memory Multiplier" so that you make memory frequency head room for a higher value to be assigned to the "CPU Host Frequency". The reason is that as the CPU host frequency increases the frequency of the RAM will also increase. They are tied together. RAM can be overclocked but not by nearly as much as the CPU. To keep the RAM frequency from getting too large and causing instability you need to lower it before proceeding with your overclock.

What is the exact make and model of the kingston RAM you are using? There should be a label on the side of the RAM sticks giving that information. We need to see what the recommended timings are.

Also, are you using a stock intel cooler to cool the CPU or an aftermarket cooler? If the latter, what is the make and model. Your temps are okay while running your game but that is not a true stess test. As someone else has said, please download and install Prime 95 and check temps while you run the "just stress testing" default (blend) test forv 20 minutes. That will give us a better idea of how well you cooling is handling your current overclock.

Your current RAM frequency at the overclock point you have arrived at is 1066 (532.8 x 2). The CPU-z memory tab gives that information. This is already the speed your RAM is rated for. As someone else was saying in order to ovreclock much higher you will need to lower the "System Memory Multiplier" so that you make memory frequency head room for a higher value to be assigned to the "CPU Host Frequency". The reason is that as the CPU host frequency increases the frequency of the RAM will also increase. They are tied together. RAM can be overclocked but not by nearly as much as the CPU. To keep the RAM frequency from getting too large and causing instability you need to lower it before proceeding with your overclock.

Here are some stresstest with prime95, max temp 66 C.
Untitled.png Untitled1.png

Here are some temp. of all my components when idle:
Untitled3.png

Here are some info about RAM:
Untitled4.png Untitled5.png

I will see my cpu cooler, but a mouth ago i have changed the thermal paste with a good one and change the cooler.

What program are you measuring temps with?

I have given instructions for proceeding with your overclock in the third paragraph of post #9 as far as bios settings go. The other bios setting you need to be concerned about at this time is the CPU core voltage. Now it is on Auto. You will need to manually enter voltage amounts. As you speed up the CPU frequency you need to support that with more CPU core voltage. Right now the Auto has it set to 1.27580. It may need to be increased if you speed up the CPU more. Increase it in .01 increments. But increasing the CPU vcore will make temps go up so as you increase the vcore you need to always check temps as you stress test. Max safe temp is probably about 90c.

After lowering your System Memory Frequency Multiplier (SPD), the process goes like this:

1. Increase CPU Host Frequency by a 10 mhz increments
2. After each change in 1. above, stress test with 20 minutes of Prime95 and monitor temps
3. If you pass the stress test, add another 10 mhz to the CPU Host Frequency and retest.
4. If you fail the stress test, add .01 to the CPU vcore and retest. If you still fail, add another .01 to the vcore and retest.
5. When temps reach the safe limit of 90c, then run a two hour Prime95 stress test to confirm stability. If test fails, lower the CPU Host frequency by 10 mhz.

Try this process. My only question mark from your bios is about the (G) MCH Frequency Latch. I'm not sure what that is about. Maybe some of our other members have input on that.

Back