• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Richland apus? Can it be done?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowlid

I recently bought a MSI Gx60 with the new Richland A10-5750m. And I would like to over clock the CPU to help with the bottle neck on the GPU. But I read that you can not over clock it like you could the llano chips. Just wondering if anyone knows any tricks or tips to get a little more out of it? Thanks!

Really depends on the BIOS at this point. Laptop BIOS usually don't give overclocking options. Anyway the heatsink and fan couldn't possibly give much headroom.

Dang lol. Its got some pretty beefy cooling and a touch bottom that maxes the fans out on it. Im going to see if i can find a modded bios.

You could also try software overclocking. It's been years since I used SetFSB, dunno if it works on current platforms.

I wouldn't even try it if it's an HP!

They sometimes go into thermal shutdown at stock under a minimum load! :mad:

K10 clock editor (software OC) works pretty well.

I have an Asus lappy with an A-6 in it. Adjusted it from the stock 1.5 gig base with 2.2 gig boost to a 2.2 gig base with a 2.6 gig boost.

I only barely bumped up the voltage on it by .025v on the low end and actually was able to keep the top end the same while gaining a stable 400mhz gain.

My temps went up a few C idle but under load have been right in line with the stock performance.

As long as you don't increase the volts (by much, if at all) you shouldn't see large increases in temps that the cooling system can't handle. Given, this is just my experience with only a single laptop.

Back