• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Suggestions for Kingston HyperX Blu (KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hazzyftw

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the mission to try to squeeze out the best performance out of my system with the means i have current available and i wanted to inquire if anyone has any experience working w/ the model mentioned on the title.
I have 4x4gig=16gigs currently running the stock XMP (1600 Mhz) but i wanted to see if its possible to find better timmings or to raise the frequency a bit
(tried tinkering last night, set at 1866mhz and failed to boot, but maybe be because im a noob and overlooked something of importance). Thanks!

Did you up voltage on the memory to go with the frequency increase?

don't believe i did (see? lol), atm its running the voltage on the xmp (i assume is 1.65v?) what would an ideal voltage be for 1866?

Yes, such as Hynix, Elpida, Samsung, etc.
They are all IC manufacturers. Which one you have depends on how it OCs.

That said, your sticks list 1600 CL9 @ 1.65V. That doesn't give you as much headroom as a 1.35V or 1.5V kit...

yeh i figured that was gonna be an issue, does that mean that im sort of grounded on how high i can go in terms of voltage/freq? i was planning to buy 8-12gigs of G. Skill since it seems to be the go-to for OCing

I wouldn't go much over 1.7V for daily use. So, that's your buffer.

If you want to replace, this is what I would get.

See if you can find your ICs on this list

I don't think this list is being updated anymore ( for like 2 years ). Some info can be found on their forums.

Kingston is using almost only Hynix the same as most other manufacturers.
Elpida is no longer manufactured ( even though you can see their chips in gfx cards , their owner is Micron right now ).
I don't think that Kingston had any memory on Samsung IC in last 2 years and right now probably only G.Skill is still selling memory on their IC.
There can be also Micron or Nanya or something similar but hard to say.

You can try something like:
1866 , 9-10-9-27 / 9-11-9-28 / 9-11-10-28 / 10-11-10-28 , all 1.65V ( if you make it work just try lower voltage )
2133 9-11-10-28 / 10-11-10-28 / 11-11-11-28 / 11-12-11-28, all 1.65V
If it won't work then try the same with tRFC 240+.

I see no point in replacing 1600 9-9-9 RAM with 1866 9-10-9. If you buy new or switch from 8 to 16GB then it's good idea but when you want to replace to gain some performance then you will be disappointed and only waste money.

Back