• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overvolting Panaflo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Radar

The Panaflo (12v's) are suppost to work up to 13.8 volts. The 80mm H1A is only rated for 40cfm and I want MORE. The Panaflo U1A is very hard to find and is pretty expensive. I was wondering if I could overvolt an H1A to get higher CFM's and if so how would I do it?

Well, you would need to connect the 12V wire liek normal, but then put a -wire to the normal ground wire of the fan.

But, the loweste voltage you can do that on a Pc is -5V, which would give you 17V, which would kill the fan, and possible the power supply depending on the -5V amperage it's capable of.

then, it technically should work, but I've never seen anything like it done. Also, what -5V rating does your PS have?

Well, it's around 23ohm actually. ;)

Just jokin man, that sounds about right to me. And it would only need .17Amps off the -5V line too......I think.

Back