• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4c800-e deluxe vidimm question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

medo145

is it possible to get more than 3.2v on a p4c800-e deluxe with the vidimm mod

It seems like the IC limits you to 3.25v in one way or another. If you need more, I'd recommend you do Macci's +3.3v rail to vdimm mod:

p4c800_kyosenmod.jpg

This way, the vdimm equals whatever your +3.3v rail is at. Also makes it very easy to monitor. Had mine up in the 3.6v range using this mod, but it didn't seem to help stability out much, actually hurt it at that point. Think that 3.5v is my sweetspot but I got more testing to do.

Do i leave the mod that i have in place and add the vrail mod or do i take it off? 3.5v would be great. The memory is rated 3.3v - 3.5v.
Thanks

I believe that you can leave both mods in place. However, you only need the +3.3v to vdimm mod, so you'd probably be best off removing the regular mod.

You're probably aware of this, but AFAIK, your power supply will need a vsense mod on the +3.3v rail.

Edit: This thread would probably be better off in the Volt Modding section.

Last edited:
thanks for the info

im doing these mods for my friend, i was wondering how to increase the voltage and found some info on rasing the psu 3.3v line. Where would u measure the exact voltage that the ram is getting. Same spot as the vdimm mod or is it the first pin in the memory socket?

Not sure exactly what you mean, but you can always read the vdimm from this spot (Pic is from Raptor from Xtremesystems)

vmem_reading_2.jpg

If you do the +3.3v rail to vdimm direct mod, you can also just take a reading of the +3.3v rail off of your power connector to see what the vdimm is, spot around any orange cable.

Here's a guide to increasing your +3.3v via a vsense mod if you haven't come across it yet.

Btw, where in MA are you at?

yup that's the one i found, thanks again for pointing me into the right direction.

Back