• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 Deluex w/ 2.8C...OC = diminishing marginal returns?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
neoraistlin said:
I was browsing the forums and this looked like a good place to post my question. I am in the market for a major computer upgrade. I want a gaming rig that can handle 250 FSB with 1:1 2.5-3-3-6 timings.

Right now I have my eye on an Asus P4P800-SE mobo, PC4000 Ram dual kit from corsair: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=85017-14, and a P4 3.0 C.

I had a couple of questions:
1. I see most OCers going for 2.4 C and 2.8 C and I have read the articles associated with both...but since the 3.0 C is still the same core shouldn't it OC the same? To sum it up is the 3.0 C a good choice for my desired outcome?
2. Does this setup have a high probability of working at my desired speeds (I know OCing has a lot to do with the luck of the draw on the processor)
3. Does this mobo have locked AGP/PCI?

Thanks for the help guys and Clock On! :)

Right now I'm running a P4C800-E Deluxe board at 250FSB with a 3.0E @ 1:1 2.5-3-3-6. All the specs are in my sig. It seems to be a pretty good setup. You just have to hope you get a good proc, that motherboard your talking about should be fine. And I'm not sure if I would go with that corsair ram if I were you. I hear the 4200 Adata Hyperram is good, so is the OCZ 3700EB if you only plan on going to 250FSB.

Thanks

Yhanks for the reply...sorry about the post in another thread....this one looked kinda dead....i will defibately consider your words

i agree with Myhre, I wouldnt go with the Corsair ram. I have Corsair and will not being buying anymore of it. BTW Very nice rig Myhre, very nice

Polargoat said:
i agree with Myhre, I wouldnt go with the Corsair ram. I have Corsair and will not being buying anymore of it. BTW Very nice rig Myhre, very nice

Thankyou! I'm still burning it in. Right now I've got it up at 254 @ 1.525 vcore. I'm going to have to get new RAM though, this stuff really dies after 252, and it doesn't like to run at 5:4 on this mobo. I'm having to run it at 3:2 right now so I can keep pushing the proc. My mistake for buying PC3200 ram instead of going higher. Also I wish I hadn't bought corsair after all. Don't get me wrong this stuff is the best Ram out there right now for a system running stock. No mods at all and it runs 2-2-2-5 at 1:1 at 200FSB, can't beat that, unless you want to start cranking the FSB up. I was severly disapointed in the XMS3200LL's non BH-5 modules when I had them. I won't be buying Corsair again in the future unless they can really turn my head.

Back