• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6T Deluxe Mobo alternate BIOSes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moho

I wanna title tooo !
Looked around, i want to see how far my 920 can go, and chancecoats told me about slow-mode. I dont see any option for it, but i read somewhere that you can use other BIOSes from other mobos to enable it.
any options? i want to hear from the true oc community if it is true :)
BTW: heres some specs:
cpuz_zps4c567157.png

Why would you want to set the QPI link speed / clock ratio to "slow mode", just to see how far you can push the BCLK?

Max bclk depends from CPU and some other things. Slow mode will help you to make couple of MHz more but not so much. If you won't hit 220MHz bclk without it then there is no point to even play with additional options. Usually lower cpu ratio = higher chance for high bclk.
Slow mode should be under QPI clock/ratio but that's good only for max valid.

Other BIOSes won't work with this board. If it's not in standard P6T BIOS then you can look for beta BIOSes but I doubt that you find anything better as these boards were not really designed for higher OC and not many overclockers were using them. In cases like that ASUS don't care to improve BIOS ( even for ROG series you can count on about half year full BIOS support what gives maybe 5 betas with some improvements ).

I had 3 of those boards. 2 of them would wall at 217bclk, that last one would do 250bclk. I have used the p6x58 bios as well as the p6t ws bios to gain features that I wanted that the stock p6t del board didnt have.
slow mode will basically kill everything 3d for performance, but there are gains to be had in 2d testing. just know that not all bios flashes go well, as I did get corruption a couple times with that board. but had no problems putting the stock bios on a bootable flash drive and having it fix itself

Back