• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED P8P67pro 1600Mhz Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nervousbrkdown

How to prevent i7-2600K to drop to 1600MHz?

Hello,i bought a ASUS P8P67pro MoBo half a year ago and have problems ever since with it. The MB is using Turbo Technology to give a higher performance but it doesnt work on some MP-Games and the CPU always drops to energysaving "1600MHz" due to my MB doesnt realize that heavy load is needed. !! in Multiplayer game !! :mad:

So i want to set my CPU at least to the desired 3,4GHz permanent, disabling every energysaving option in BIOS and Win7 64.
I ve tryed hundreds of settings, restart my PC over a thousend times in last half year, read hundreds of posts using every guide i found... nothing worked even setting the CPU to lower Frequency then 3.3GHz pushing V Core and PLL V up and so on.
ASUS Suite is only useful if u use TURBO Mode . CPU always drops down to 1600 MHz wether ingame or not.
I ve disabled Turbo Mode and Intel Speedstep, changed MB onboard TPU switch, disabled EPU onboard and in BIOS to get at least a permanent 3,3 GHz CPU without Turbo Mode (doesnt work anyway). I dont care about energy saving options and i dont want TURBO mode, i just want the 3,4 GHZ CPU i bought. Maybe someone here can help. :bang head

current settings

LOAD LINE CALIBRATION - HIGH
VRM FREQUENCY - 400Hz
PHASE CONTROL - EXTREME
DUTY CONTROL - EXTREME
CPU CURRENT CAPABILITY - 110 %

CPU BASE CLOCK - 100MHz
CPU VOLTAGE - MANAUL 1.3 V
VCCSA VOLTAGE - 1.12500 V
CPU PLL VOLTAGE - 1.81250 V

TPU MB SWITCH - ENABLE
XMP - ENABLE (8GB Corsair Vengeance Kit)
Int PLL OVERVOLTAGE - ENABLE
EXECUTE DISABLE BIT - ENABLE
INTEL VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGY - ENABLE

LIMIT CPUiD MAX - DISABLE
EPU - DISABLE (MB Switch too)
C1E SUPPORT - DISABLE
SPREAD SPECTRUM - DISBALE

Speedstep Option and Turbo mode in Advanced BIOS Menu set to on and off makes no difference even Minimum Core to 3.3GHz
CPU Range set to by per core, all cores, single core -> no effect

Energy CPU Options in WIN7 are set to 100% min and max load

tried all available BIOS updates running the latest available now

There s something i missed out pls help :facepalm:

With regards.. CLOSETONERVOUSBREAKDOWN :fight:

Are you sure EPU is disabled? I forget which but one of the two switches is opposite of what it shows in the manual. If the led is off then you know it is off.

Also disable C states, just below EIST and such.

Thx for your quick response ELDONKO

yes the TPU on MB is ON and the EPU is set to OFF on MB and BIOS settings

what do u mean with C-States? the C1 C3 and C6 report?

HI

I'm with Asus P8P67 Pro/ i7 2600K and first i try with Corsair Dominator GT 2x2GB 2000MHz - CMG4GX3M2A2000C8 vrr. 2.1 ... I have always 1333mhz boot and message Overclock problem! and must to go in bios and to make Discard and go to windows boot!!! Yesterday i bought new RAM - Corsair Dominator - CMP8GX3M2A1600C8 (2x4GB 1600MHz) Now the thing is the same !!!!! nothing change in boot - still 1333MHz whatever i change in bios ( manual/ XMP/ ...etc...) 1. Disconnect power cable to power supply 2. Remove battery 3. Set jumper to pins to clear CMOS 4. Let it sit for about 1/2hr 5. Set jumper back to normal mode 6. Reseat battery 7. Reconnect power cable 8. Boot up nothing change... today i go to replace the Corsair Dominator - CMP8GX3M2A1600C8 (2x4GB 1600MHz)with Corsair VENGEANCE 16GB kit - CMZ16X3M4A1600C9B. This kit is recommended from corsair : http://www2.corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=1872768 Result is the same... 1333MHz still Overclock Problem! and boot Windows with "Discard and Exit" in Bios :( I tested with all sticks 1 by 1 on A1 and still the same...
I try to overclock and so go to 1600mhz of Ram but nothing changes... I overclock in many different ways and nothing happens. When I make just the Hot profile i bios PC power off after 10 sec of booting. The same is when i make Auto Overclock in Asus software in windows. What is here: fake CPU or fake Motherboard??????

Back