• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p8z68-V vs p8z68-V Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IIVisionII

Registered
I'm deciding between the p8z68-V vs p8z68-V Pro in my new system and wanted to get some advice, so what better place to come? I can't quite figure out what the major differences are. I looked at the specs sheet and they seem pretty minimal, but some of it is jargon that I don't understand either.

It will be used with this system (the rest of which i've already purchased):
i7 2600K
8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600
XFX Radeon 6970

Anyone have a suggestion as to which to go for? I had already purchased the V Pro, but amazon is being a pain and keeps delaying the shipping, so I have the option of going with either one now.

Thanks

It looks like the major difference between the two is the pro has crossfire/SLI and the v does not.

Thank you for the reply. I am looking at the specs right now for the V (not pro) and they state.

Multi-GPU Support Supports NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI™ Technology
Supports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology
Supports LucidLogix® Virtu™ Technology
from here: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68V/#specifications

Am I mistaking this for something else in that case? Because it sounded like it has Crossfire/SLI.

I think it has a few more USB/SATA ports. Mine has 17 or 18 SATA ports... Its a tough life

Usually the build quality is better... Better caps... Better power control... More fans... etc... Nothing really impressed me about the regular over the pro, or even the Deluxe for that matter. I got the pro, because they had it in stock. Its a great Mobo.

The V and the V pro are using the same PWM design as far as I know. The V Pro is 12+2 for the igpu. Not certain about the V. The PWM for the V pro is similar to the p8P67 Pro but as opposed to 12 phases for the CPU and 2 for the CPU VTT those two phases are for the igpu.

Yea, and I wouldnt doubt that the deluxe is the same too... these boards are almost all identical except for a few minor things like more USB ports...

I ended up going with the V-Pro. I figure for the few dollars difference, I'd be happy to know that I wouldn't regret my choice in case i missed something. Thanks guys.

Back