• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Page fault in a nonpaged area

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madsniper84

Registered
I just tried to turn on my computer and I got a bsod. It tried to repair itself and got the same error. The error is stop code: page fault found in a nonpaged area what failed: Ntfs.sys. All other tutorials that fix this error say you have to get into the actual desktop to fix it, but it just restarts then shows the same message. I borrowed a friends ram stick to see if it was that, but it didn't. I used a different ram slot, didn't fix it. Anyone know what to do?

Update: I tried booting safe mode from a windows 10 disk and the error persisted. I also cleared the cmos and it didn't work.

Update: I have used spare parts for everything except the CPU, and I Have tried to reinstall windows completely. Nothing is working! Please any help would be great

Last edited:
Update: I have used spare parts for everything except the CPU, and I Have tried to reinstall windows completely. Nothing is working! Please any help would be great

Just out of curiosity how are you reading the crash dumps if you cant get to the desktop? Just as a side note, when I had the a page fault issue (not near as bad as yours with a different error) it was advised that ram was the issue. Try manually setting the timings and raise the voltage for the ram in the BIOS.

What happens when you try to reinstall? Just fails to complete wuth an error? Does it hang forever and need a hard reboot? If you are okay with reinstall then perhaps starting with a fresh drive will help. From the startup disc, use the command prompt in the repair console to "clean all" the disk with diskpart and see if a reinstall will complete after that. Good luck

When I try to reinstall windows it says it boots from the drive then gives me the same bsod. As for memory timings and changing in the voltage my mother board has auto setting for everythig and can't be changed

Back