• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Page Not Loading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Resolution is the same no matter the size. 1440 on 20 inch screen is the same number of pixels if it's on a 32 inch screen. No worries on that. Did you say you have this issue other than just web pages? I don't recall that you did. So it's not the screen size or the graphics card off hand.

To find the IP of your router, open a command prompt and type:
ipconfig /all

In amoungst all of the results you get back, one will have a "Default Gateway". The address is usually 192.168.1.1 but it could be 192.168.0.1 or 10.1.10.1 or whatever. Some Routers have a dns name like "myrouter.com" that resolves directly to your router.

Another place to look would be to open the event viewer. On Windows, click the "Start" button and type event. For me, the option to select the Event Viewer App was presented. On the left, expand the section entitled "Windows Logs". You can then select "Application" and "System". There are others but no bother. Select one of these and see if you find errors. Spoiler alert: You will. The question is, will you find an error related to your issue?

Happy hunting.
Post magically merged:

Magically merged.

If you find that you have more than one IP, from ehternet and WiFi, kill one of them. We have this as an issue at work all the damned time. Too much so actually.

Sounds like it...

See if you find anything associated with networking In there was his point, I believe.

Apologies... are you connected through wifi or wired? Have you tried the other way? If you're wired, try wireless and vice versa. What about the basics... did you try installing/reinstalling drivers from the msi web page for those devices? If not try it and report back.

Also, does this happen on any other device in your network? Another PC? Your smartphone?

EDIT: Have you tried other browsers yet?

Last edited:
Yeah. Sorry. By now you realize that events do not mean problems. You're looking for yellow warnings, red errors and red "x" critical errors. Yellows deserve a look but the red ones deserve a little looking into and critical red "x" really need to be fixed.

Note: Many errors that I have seen end up being fairly benign meaning that if you don't have a specific issue, don't worry about it. Red "x" critical errors almost always are associated with an issue that you are seeing and should be corrected. The first step is always a reboot.

You can clear the history on any of those sub folders and see what comes back. Often, there is too much data or it is too old to be reliable. Clearing those logs out can alleviate that issue.

From a wise source......... the developer console should give all the information needed to troubleshoot this. So when it happens again, open up the dev console and see what the issue is./

From a wise source......... the developer console should give all the information needed to troubleshoot this. So when it happens again, open up the dev console and see what the issue is./
I don't even know what you're talking about here. How would I get to this?

In FF - Burger icon (three lines in the upper right corner) -> More Tools -> Web Dev Tools

In Chrome - Burger icon (three dots in the upper right corner) -> More Tools -> Developer Tools

dev tools.jpg

Da. This should focus the goose chase a bit off the networking side I hope. :)

So when this happens again to the OP, he can check the console and see if there is any errors in there/something stands out.

Clarification, you should have it open before the problem occurs. It doesn't log network events (and some console events?) if it isn't open. You can open it in a different window and put it in the background so it isn't taking up screen space.

2023-08-02 10_33_41-2023-05-17 St Louis Downtown.png

We are interested in the Console and Networking tabs. Errors are shown in red.

2023-08-02 10_36_19-DevTools - docs.google.com_spreadsheets_d_1v_H2sRnOgUuQVqIWyqAb1anRtVTQrXQ...png

2023-08-02 10_35_17-DevTools - docs.google.com_spreadsheets_d_1v_H2sRnOgUuQVqIWyqAb1anRtVTQrXQ...png

From the original screenshot, it looks like one of the stylesheets is failing to load. Once the problem happens, you should see a failed entry in the networking tab.

This is unlikely a NAT/DHCP or router issue. A tracert/ping is unlikely to help troubleshoot intermittent problems unless you get lucky. Nearly impossible for this to be GPU/monitor related.

@Tank Geek I need you to carefully read my questions below and fully answer them. I'm not asking these questions for fun; they are specifically meant to help narrow down what the source of the problem is. Giving poor answers will make this more difficult for everyone involved. Don't assume you know the answer: actually check. This is systematic troubleshooting to narrow down what we are searching for. Questions are in no particular order.

1) Does this problem happen in other browsers on the same computer? Edge, Firefox, Opera, etc.
2) When did this issue start?
3) Approximately how often does this issue happen? (hours, days, weeks apart, etc)
4) Has the problem increased or decreased in frequency?
5) Are there specific times when it happens more often than others? (in the morning, at night, when playing games, etc)
6) Does this happen on multiple websites or just Overclockers?
7) Does this happen on other computers or devices?
8) What extensions are installed in Chrome?
9) Do you have any "security" applications installed? (web filtering, antivirus, etc)
10) How is the computer connected to your network? (hard wired ethernet, wireless, etc)

Answering these questions will help narrow down if it is a browser problem, network problem, something interfering with the browser's functionality, etc.

Last edited:
I apologize again for my absence. I just want to say you guys are WAY more advanced than me. So I am sorry for my lack of knowledge and trying to keep up with your instruction. I will try and get to all of your questions as soon as I can. I want you all to know I really appreciate your enthusiasm in helping me remedy this issue. The issue is not a show stopper. I just hit the refresh button and the page will load after not loading. Between work and church, I don't get on here as much as I would like.
Cheers..:geek:

I can say that this has turned into a learning experience for me too.

1) Does this problem happen in other browsers on the same computer? Edge, Firefox, Opera, etc.
2) When did this issue start?
3) Approximately how often does this issue happen? (hours, days, weeks apart, etc)
4) Has the problem increased or decreased in frequency?
5) Are there specific times when it happens more often than others? (in the morning, at night, when playing games, etc)
6) Does this happen on multiple websites or just Overclockers?
7) Does this happen on other computers or devices?
8) What extensions are installed in Chrome?
9) Do you have any "security" applications installed? (web filtering, antivirus, etc)
10) How is the computer connected to your network? (hard wired ethernet, wireless, etc)
1) I don't have the answer to this one yet.
2) It started not long after I got this machine up and going
3) It is intermittent, so it can vary. I would say closer to days apart than weeks.
4) Decreased if anything
5)I don't play games. I am generally on my new machine in the evenings to late night
6) It has happened on various sites
7) I don't have the answer to that yet
8) I am not familiar with extensions. How would I find out?
9) Somehow I got Norton on my new machine. It prompted me to subscribe and I uninstalled it.
10) It is connected via WIFI

I'm not asking these questions for fun
I understand you don't want to waste your time. And I don't want to waste anyone's time either.

Ok I have an issue with the Dell Financial Services site. On my new machine it will not load at all on Chrome or Edge. But on my laptop it will load on Chrome but not on Edge. And on my room mates machine it will load on Edge. I did not try Chrome on her machine because she does not have Chrome.....This is just crazy....:bang head

I think this is a completely separate issue. So I will just leave this one alone.

Last edited:
Use windows settings and in the networking section there's an option that resets network to default.
Also double check on the driver installed is correct and windows did not install an incorrect driver during updates

I know this was suggested in the first post but did you clear cache? Try closing the browser and reloading? I know these are stupid simple but I think it's a software issue.

I have so much going on at the moment and really don't want to waste anyone's time here. So lets just lay this matter on the table and move forward. I have some goals I am working on and need to give them my attention. You guys are great, you really are, and maybe someday I can be like you. Until then, may the force be with you. :geek:

Back