• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Page Not Loading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tank Geek

Hey folks, I just built my machine and sometimes when I open a browser the page doesn't fully load and I have to refresh the page for it to load. I was told by Earthdog that it was not the lack of a GPU and that I should come to this page for help. Any ideas?

A picture is worth 1000 words....

What troubleshooting have you done? (thanks @don256us)
What browser? Does it happen in others (if you didn't check, try!)?
Try clearing the cache (thanks again, don!)...
Are you sure it isn't an ad block of some sort?

...again, an image, please. Show us what you're seeing. :)

What troubleshooting have you done?
I have not done any troubleshooting, I just assumed since I have this high falultin display that I needed a better source like a GPU.
What browser? Does it happen in others (if you didn't check, try!)?
Chrome
Try clearing the cache (thanks again don!)...
Just did that.
Are you sure it isn't an adblock of some sort?
I don't have any adblocks that I know of.
.again, an image, please.
I will get one next time it happens.

You've heard the saying right..... Assuming makes an *** out of U and ME. :p

Great.......
Does it happen in others (if you didn't check, try!)?
.......... we want the answers too!

Just did that.
......................and....................................................? Did it change anything out of the gate?

I will get one next time it happens.
So this tells me it doesn't happen all the time, right? Is it certain pages that don't load or does it happen randomly on any page?

Take the time to try our suggestions and report back with the results, or we'll be 100 posts in, with 70 of them trying to get information from ya. :)

If you find that it's a web site, you could try to do a tracert.
Click the "Windows" icon.
type CMD
open CMD (Command Prompt)
type tracert <website> (E.G. tracert www.overclockers.com) and hit the enter key.
Look at the results.

Maybe not the most helpful but always a trove of information.

You could also go to www.speedtest.net and look to see if your internet speed is what you think it is.

Finally, you could open the cmd again and this time type ping <web site> -t
The "-t" will cause it to ping over and over and over again until you stop it. ctrl-n I believe will stop it. This will let you see if you have intermittent issues with your internet. If you get something like 10ms response over and over and over (maybe 8 then 12 then 9 then.... you know, fairly close) but then you get much higher numbers like 50 or 100 or higher ms, then you may have another issue that is much more fun but possibly your ISPs issue and not yours.

I think its ok now. I haven't noticed it happening at all of of late. But I did the speed test and the trace route. Here they are.\

Edit: I deleted the trace route because I didn't want that info on the www.

Speed Test.png
Post magically merged:

s it certain pages that don't load or does it happen randomly on any page?
It is very random
Maybe try a different browser? Does it happen on a particular page or pages?
If it acts up again I will try Edge.

I think its ok now. I haven't noticed it happening at all of of late.
Hopefully flushing the browser cache did it... love it when it's easy. Fingers crossed.

But I did the speed test and the trace route. Here they are.\
Since it was random sites, I don't think a traceroute would help unless it was a specific site or few having an issue, but information is information.

As far as your speeds, what do you pay for? Are you reaching those speeds? That said, speeds aren't the reason the pages won't populate, but make sure you're in the ballpark of getting what you paid for is my advice.

It's funny because in various cities on cable I never got advertised speeds. Then I went out to the middle of nowhere (ish, in town but not a big town) and got the best internet ever via DSL when it was supposed to be "not that good." Now I'm on Google Fiber and it's a dream. ISPs are one of those things you don't realize can disappear into the background until they're that good. We had a major storm a little over a year ago that caused major line damage and the fiber was fixed before the power.

Since the issue is random, it could be something like Java being out of date or the java cache all full up. I would clear the cache in Java too. It could also be another plugin but I can't think of any other than Java. HTML5 is killing plugins and... I feel fine........ ;) (Pop music reference for ya)

See. A bit of fun troubleshooting and a possible solution all for the low low cost of having to deal with us. ;)

NAT= Network Address Translation
DHCP= Dynamic Host Control Protocol

Am I right about those?

DHCP used to come from the ISP.....Does it come from the EU CPE now?

Sorry for my absence. My morning at church turned into an all day ordeal. I tried the ping and it was having no issues with that. I don't know how to test ICMP or port 443. I thought I could access my router with 192.168.1.1, but I guess I have that wrong.:confused:

I really don't think it is my router because I never had this issue until I built this machine. Thank you guys for trying to help me.:salute:
Post magically merged:

I did mention I have a 1440p display, but did I mention it is 34"?

I did mention I have a 1440p display, but did I mention it is 34"?
I can't imagine your monitor resolution or size has anything to do with this...

.... but somewhere in the bios is an option to increase video memory size for igpu. Raise that and see if it helps, but... not holding my breath tho.

Back