• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Paging F1x.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mpegger

I was trying to burn in my system slowly, but I see I need to step up my time line for overclocks as F1x was closeing in on me.

f1x.gif

Lucky for me I wasn't using HT till today.

evilgrimmy.gif

Btw... I just now overclocked the system again from 2.86 to 3.01 (250fsb). Next fsb change occurs again Wed (260).

It's on. :D

Well as you can see, it went from 9 to 12 a day. Looks like HT only amounts to 1 extra WU for every 3.

But I hit a little snafu in my overclocking. A couple of hours after o/c'ing to 250fsb, Seti crashed. I had to bring it back it down to 245. Looks like I'll have to start upping the FSB in 1MHz increments, and start playing around with the cpu voltage. I want to get a better PSU before I do that though cause the cpu voltage seems to jump around a little and isn't even what its set at in the bios according to MBM. Not sure if thats a PSU or a motherboard issue, but it is a cheap 350 watt PSU that came with the case. 12 volt line is also low @ 11.6.

heh, I'm putting out around 11 WU's a day, so you likely to pull ahead again. Having said that, tomorrow I should be picking up an Alpha machine.... I wonder how that'll crunch.....

PS. It's Flx, as in Flux without the 'u' :p

I thought it was an "L" and not a "1". Unfortunetly the font led me to believe it was a 1. :eek:

But fear not! When I enabled 2 processes it was nearly midday. At last count, I had 14 for today. :D

And I sould have my P3-700 web/forum/mail server up in another week or so, which is good for another 3WU's a day. 3.5 if I o/c it to 1G. Not to mention my old 1G Cele is going to my sister, which might get 1 or 2 a week (not 24/7 comp :mad: ). And her(my) old Cele 400 will come back to me.

Let the mini race begin. I need a good challenge. :beer:

Yeah I have my 2.4C HT @ 3.0Ghz (stock voltage and cooling)kicks around 15wu's a day too. Looking at better cooling to start upping voltage for more of an oc.

arrrggg, I think you've already won this mini-race! Picked up what I thought was an Alpha this morning, but got suspicious when I noticed the "Intel Inside" sticker on the front. Sure enough, it turns out to be a PII-233 (my first Intel chip since.... ever! And thats going back nearly 14 years) so it's going to be at least another week before I get the correct machine.

I used to have the P1-233 as my server and crunching about 1 or 2 wu a day. Unfortunetly the blackout damaged the PSU so it had to go off. I'll need to get a AT psu for it before I can ever use it again. But I have no real need or use for it now that the P3-700 will be available.

I also have a P2-600, and a P2-200(?) sitting around with no mobos, cases or psu. I might just sell these since for me, anything more then 2 comps running 24/7 isn't good (high electric bill), especially on this old house wiring.

I hope your not using the screen saver version. The 233 was doing about that much with the screen saver version. I switched to the command line version and it made a HUGE difference.

Come to think of it though, I may be thinking about the Cele 400. Its been a while since I've had any of those systems crunching anything.

Nope, using CLI on a stripped down Debian.

Althon 2400+ : 5.84 RPD
Athlon 700: 2.23 RPD
Athlon 500: 1.69 RPD
K6-2 500: .75 RPD

All are using CLI, and only the 2400 does anything other than SETI.

my ftp server has a K6 233 and it avarages about 1 wu every 60 hours.
running CLC, SETI Spy, Seti Driver. this is all under winslows 98SE.

flux 1 wu every 28 hours sounds right for a K6-2 @500Mhz.

c_h

Clutch_Head said:
my ftp server has a K6 233 and it avarages about 1 wu every 60 hours.
running CLC, SETI Spy, Seti Driver. this is all under winslows 98SE.

flux 1 wu every 28 hours sounds right for a K6-2 @500Mhz.

c_h

Yep. I was getting it confused with the 1G Cele. :eek:

Back