• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Panaflo L1A or Vantec Stealth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MiNdWaRp

Which of these 120mm fans would be better for general case cooling? (2 of them intake on the front of a cooler master stacker)

The panaflo is only 2 decibels louder, but it moves almost 20% more air.... but in the description it says
They force air out in a "funnel" type pattern
, this is for directing the air onto a certain positon? How will this affect them in my application? The panaflos are also more expensive.

I'd get the Panaflo since they'er good fans and most members here haven't had enjoyable experiences with Stealths. The Panaflo may be rated louder than the Stealth, but it wouldn't be surprising if the Panaflo actually turned out to be the quieter of the two.
The "funnel pattern" in the description is caused by the dead spot thanks to the fan hub in the center of the fan. All axial fans suffer from this phenomenon.

Last edited:
ah ok, didn't think of the dead spot, I knew about it, but no one else thought of it that way in their descriptions before.

I'll order a pair of panaflos once I get my RMA refund from NewEgg for this crappy modem.

yes i have a panaflo 92mm high speed and it is pretty quiet
as for the 2 80mm stealths they are quite a lot louder than i hoped for but they aren't too bad.
personally i would go for the panaflo's

~Magick_Man~

Back