• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Partition Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andisoss

Registered
Good afternoon,

I decided i wanted to install Solaris 9 on my system currently running Vista 64and try and run a dual OS (Dual boot) system. I went ahead and used the Solaris 9 Install CD and made one "Solaris" partition with about 50 GB and left the other 240 with "DOS".

Upon the completing installation, the computer restarted, but the system did not give me the option to boot into Windows like i expected, but only 2 different Solaris selections. I thought maybe i did something wrong, so i restarted the computer and booted back to the Vista Install CD where it no longer found Windows.

I went ahead and decided to start from scratch, so i went to format the HD (with the Vista CD) and reinstall Windows. I noticed right away that Vista Install did not see the 50 GB i partitioned to Solaris (so i could not reformat it to NTFS) and figured FDISK in Solaris would.

To my suprise, FDISK does not also see the 50 GB of space orignally set aside for it.

I was going to go to Frys and drop $70 on partition magic, but i figured i would ask if anyone here could give me some guidance.

Just want to know what i did wrong and how i can get that 50GB back 8)

Thank you!

Back