• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot (2-2-2-5)? Any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JDizzle said:
How come the 512x2 aren't listed on newegg anymore?

Usually because they are OOS and they don't have an ETA for more.

You'd probably be better off anyway getting PQI, Gskill, or OCZ since people are reporting slightly better results with them.

Here's my ceilings with two sticks @ 2.95V, 2.5-3-3-10-1T: 10x255HTT. I'm limited by my 3200+ CH, it doesn't like going over 2.55GHz with 1.72V, and I would be leaving the comfort zone if I applied higher voltage. I couldn't go with the 9x multi because for some reason my mobo doesn't like 9x with 2 sticks at all. Couldn't even go 9x240 without getting memtest errors.

The highest I can get with one stick with the same voltage and timings: 9x278HTT.

I got to 287HTT with 3-4-4-10-2T, 2.95V, but lost too much bandwidth to make it worth it. They don't scale very well with higher voltage (BH-5 they're not) at least for me. Great ram for the money, if you can find them.

Last edited:
Back