• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PayPal dispute: Sent product buyer claims not all arrived, have pics and invoice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigpoppyjosh

I have a question. I sold $16,000 worth of product to a customer and he paid to have it shipped through Yellow Freight. There were 3 skids. He received the 3 skids and signed the paperwork stating he received it and nothing was wrong with it. Now he is saying he didn't get $9,000 worth of the product. I have detailed pictures of all the items, and the skids, and all the invoices so I know I shipped all of the product and he received it. He is now threatening to file a claim unless I pay him $5,000 dollars back and ship him free product. What do you think I should do?

He has no legal route to demand that, as he signed for the shipment.

I have a question. I sold $16,000 worth of product to a customer and he paid to have it shipped through Yellow Freight. There were 3 skids. He received the 3 skids and signed the paperwork stating he received it and nothing was wrong with it. Now he is saying he didn't get $9,000 worth of the product. I have detailed pictures of all the items, and the skids, and all the invoices so I know I shipped all of the product and he received it. He is now threatening to file a claim unless I pay him $5,000 dollars back and ship him free product. What do you think I should do?

He has no legal route to demand that, as he signed for the shipment.
This. But why you are asking a forum this question and not your lawyer is beyond me!

With that amount of jack, I'd lawyer up sooner rather than later if this person continues after you tell him you have pictures/invoice, and he signed the receipt as received.

Honestly, I am worried that a lawyer is going to take a cut so big that it won't make a difference. I'm just wondering what Paypal will say.

You really think it could be more than $5K AND the cost product he claims is missing if this guy wants to move forward with his claim?????

What kid of lawyer should I get in touch with? This ebay/Paypal thing is very new to me and I have never been in this kind of situation before. I asked him to send me a list of what he is saying he didn't receive. But says no, that I can look over the invoices and compare to the list he emailed me of what he claims he is missing. I have moved the funds out of my paypal and into my bank. But now I am wondering if he files a claim, can they still take it out of my bank?

What kid of lawyer should I get in touch with? This ebay/Paypal thing is very new to me and I have never been in this kind of situation before. I asked him to send me a list of what he is saying he didn't receive. But says no, that I can look over the invoices and compare to the list he emailed me of what he claims he is missing. I have moved the funds out of my paypal and into my bank. But now I am wondering if he files a claim, can they still take it out of my bank?

Again, call PayPal. They can advise you what you should do.

Call paypal, or read their TOS...

Did you compare your invoice with his list like he is asking?

This really belongs in its own thread... moving to prevent further hijacking of this thread. :)

I apologize, I didn't mean to mess up the thread. I just didn't know what to do and Google popped this site up for it. Thank you for the advice. Have a good day.

No problem man... your best bet though is to contact PP/Ebay and see what your options are. You may need to lawyer up as it may be cheaper to do so.

That said, please post back with how this is gets resolved. I know I am interested to know!!!

Dealing with an amount that large, I certainly wouldn't have used paypal for the funds transfer. The guy signed for the shipment, it's his mess to deal with, especially if the sale wasn't negotiated through some exchange (like eBay). He has no right to want the $5k plus what you supposedly didn't send, he can have one or the other (or neither), but certainly not both. As long as you have the shipping manifest, you should be fine. I would definitely call PayPal, though.

Ok here is an update. I called Paypal and told them what is going on and told them what he is wanting. They said we were covered. We send all the pictures, the texts, all the paperwork where he signed that it arrived, and all the invoices. They then realized that he shipped several invoices on one shipment which is against Paypal Policy. So they said he was already not looking good. They also said that since I moved the funds to my bank account, they could not take it out without my permission. All I can say is so far so good. Thanks again for all the advice. I will update if anything else happens....

Good news :)

This was why I said to call them, they handle this day in and day out.

HE shipped several things on one invoice? I thought YOU shipped him stuff? I am confused.

Also, PayPal generally holds large amounts of money in escrow until the buyer has received their items. How did you withdraw $16K from your PayPal account before that?

Back