• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Build help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jojoman11

I found this build online and decided to get some opinions from other people. I'm looking to have a gaming rig and it's going to have windows 7. (I can't stand winows 8.) so here is the build!

CPU / Processor: Intel 4770K

Case: ZALMAN MS800 Plus

Motherboard: Maximus VI Hero

Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCU II OC

CPU Cooler: Zalman LQ-320

Power Supply: Zalman ZM-XG 550 OR Zalman AM750-XG

SSD ( Storage ): Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD OR Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD

Optical Drive: ASUS BC-12B1ST

HD ( Storage ): Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s

Memory / RAM:Kingston HyperX Beast 2133 , KHX21C11T3K2/16X

Fans: Zalman ZM-F3 LED

My budget is $1500 Thanks everyone!

Welcome! What are your plans with this system? What resolution will your monitors be?

Never heard of those psu's before, might need to do some research and see what kind of quality they are.

Any reason why you chose that particular motherboard?

Howdy and thanks! I'm planning to make it a gaming rig and the monitor will most likely be a 1920 x 1080p monitor. I chose that motherboard because I have a friend and his dad build's/fixes computers as a part time job and he said it is a decent motherboard for what I want to do. He also said that I should probably go with a Maximus VI extreme instead if I'm willing to wait a little bit and fork in the extra bucks.. What would you suggest? I'm completely new to this so all help is awesome :)

Never used any Zalman things myself, you seem pretty sold on em, so really can't say.

Was my first impression.

There seems a lot there I'd do diferentely if I were to start from scratch, it's late here and I'm buggng out, give it a bit of time you'll get lot's of help soon I imagine.

:welcome:

Like I said most of this wasn't my build, All I did was add in the motherboard and processor, someone else did all the Zalman stuff. And thanks :)

I found this build online and decided to get some opinions from other people. I'm looking to have a gaming rig and it's going to have windows 7. (I can't stand winows 8.) so here is the build!

CPU / Processor: Intel 4770K

Case: ZALMAN MS800 Plus

Motherboard: Maximus VI Hero

Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCU II OC

CPU Cooler: Zalman LQ-320

Power Supply: Zalman ZM-XG 550 OR Zalman AM750-XG

SSD ( Storage ): Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD OR Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD

HD ( Storage ): Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s

Memory / RAM:Kingston HyperX Beast 2133 , KHX21C11T3K2/16X

Fans: Zalman ZM-F3 LED

My budget is $1500 Thanks everyone!

I'd like to apologize for the crummy state of the General Hardware forum. You used to get 10 really helpful responses within 6 hours but lately it's dead around here.

CPU / Processor: Intel 4670K

Case: Corsair 200R

Motherboard: ASUS Z87-A

Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 760 4GB

CPU Cooler: Noctua NHD14

Power Supply: CORSAIR CX600

SSD ( Storage ): SAMSUNG 840 EVO SSD

Memory / RAM:Kingston HyperX Beast 2133 16GB

OR

Any 1600Mhz/1866Mhz RAM. You don't notice the speed difference at all when gaming.

Some of your parts were crapp so I changed them to parts I would buy. The motherboard you will notice is much cheaper. This is all you need for a 4th gen i5/i7. The CPU has VRM onboard now so not much is needed in the way of power delivery on the board. This board will still OC just as high as the Maximus on air.

Thank you very much everyone for all of your input. Theocnoob, I looked at your build and I like it. My only question is this. I looked for the "ASUS GTX 760 4GB" graphics card but I couldn't find anything on that. All I was able to find was the "ASUS GTX 760 2GB" maybe you were looking that the "ASUS GTX 770 4GB" graphics card?

Anyways, I will be going along with this build. It's turned out to be a $1,218 build. Before it was $1,500. After all of this I believe I understand more and that the previous build was overpowered on things and some things were pointless :)

Thank you very much everyone for all of your input. Theocnoob, I looked at your build and I like it. My only question is this. I looked for the "ASUS GTX 760 4GB" graphics card but I couldn't find anything on that. All I was able to find was the "ASUS GTX 760 2GB" maybe you were looking that the "ASUS GTX 770 4GB" graphics card?

Anyways, I will be going along with this build. It's turned out to be a $1,218 build. Before it was $1,500. After all of this I believe I understand more and that the previous build was overpowered on things and some things were pointless :)

By all means, if you can afford a 4GB 770, go for it. I could have sworn I'd seen 4GB 760s out there. Could be my mistake. Either way I wouldn't buy a 2GB card at this point. Games are already using 2GB and soon they'll be using more.

Back