• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC crashing on startup, help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoDoz

The past few days my computer has been failing to start up properly and it takes a few power on and offs to get it to boot up. When I turn it on it flashes the bios screen twice and the screen goes black. I have to power it off them back on. Sometimes I need to power it off again then back on. Is my motherboard shot? Thanks for any help.

Post your complete system spec's in detail, and first remove / disconnect any hardware not required for a successful POST. Remove and re-install one by one... DRAM modules, PCI / PCI-e cards (videocard, sound card, etc.), all but the primary HDD / SSD, and any ODDs (CDROM, DVD-ROM, etc.). So besides the CPU and both PSU connectors (24-pin and the 4 or 8-pin ATX12V), install only 1 x DRAM module in the 1st DIMM slot, and re-seat the videocard. With only the essentials installed, reset CMOS and then load optimized defaults.

Back