• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC restarting frequently

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i6pwr

Not sure if it's MB related but figure I would start here. In the last few weeks, my PC has been shutting down either on it's own, or when I move the mouse from it's idle state.

When the monitor turns on, I have a blue screen but it goes away in just a couple seconds...hard to see what it's displaying. Then the PC either restarts or shuts off but will start up fine...and continue to work but it's only when it goes to "sleep" and I wake it up.

One thing I have also noticed is the very sensitive USB ports on my Sniper case. If I look at them wrong, but mainly just touch them by accident, or plug something it....it shuts down. The USB ports on the MB are fine....just the case...could this be a grounding issue?

What is the best program to monitor temps? I don't see any temp issues since it's all stock speeds but never know.

Also, I don't have the fan on the RAM sticks...kinda noisy but heard there is an inteface or something I can put between the MB and the fan cord to slow the fan down. I figure the big top fan should be sufficient for cooling.

In my Event Viewer, I have many documented "Critical" Event 41 Kernel Power entries.

All help greatly appreciated.
I would like to use the fan but need to turn it down slightly if possible.

Today I had the BSOD and it read "Pagefault in non-paged area" however it restarts and works fine.

The PC will work continuously with no issues all the time, it's just when I leave it alone for awhile. Sometimes the monitor will turn right on, sometimes I have the BSOD or just the text on the screen "Loading ASUS Express Gate" and it stays there until I restart.

Back