• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Suddenly shutdowned , RED MemOk light

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran

Hi,

first i removed my front cover to check a quick thing in my pc, i touched 24-pin mobo with my hands (where the strong cover is ) and my pc suddenly light under MemOk went red and my pc powered down ! (wasn't really like a shutdown)

i turned on again (yelling BREATH, BREATH xD) it suddenly got on for 1 second (no bios or anything ) and turned off again, so as my psu's cable was a little bad (couldn't really push it completely into socket) i pushed it a little and next time i turned on i got some red rocks and stuff i restarted, i got pc staying on but no bios or anything on screen !

i restarted and i finally got bios i i went to BIOS and checked temp and all stuff, they were ok, i realized my memory was 1333mhz just changed to 1600mhz ! and then restart worked !

is everything ok? should i check for anything or...?

sorry for such a horrible thread but im really worried !

Probably some ESD to the board caused a little issue, glad you are back up and running, just monitor everything... A lot of times memory is a major issue of booting past POST... Just keep an eye on things and you should be ok. What were you checking when you touched the area of the plug (close to the board that you probably touched) with ur comp on?

Probably some ESD to the board caused a little issue, glad you are back up and running, just monitor everything... A lot of times memory is a major issue of booting past POST... Just keep an eye on things and you should be ok. What were you checking when you touched the area of the plug (close to the board that you probably touched) with ur comp on?
well, i was checking to see that start-up noise is from Case fan or CPU fans, i just wanted to see :) i don't know what made my to put my hands inside case :) , my touched the covered part ! i frogto about everything :( where i touched wasn't close to mother board at all it was the 24Pin atx mobo power !

Stupid cabling:S im fixing it tomarrow xD

Back