• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc upgrade question Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amstrong32

The Most Comfortable Hiking Boots You Can Get

Every hiker will understand the importance of hiking boots when it comes to hiking. Although they can seem so unnecessary, they can make or break your experiences. Good hiking boots will offer you safety and comfort throughout a hike, no matter what type of terrains you hike on.

It is commonly misunderstood by many people that hiking boots feel heavier and more uncomfortable on the feet compared to other running or hiking shoes. That’s a myth to be busted. With advanced technologies and many innovative features incorporated recently, many leading names nowadays have been manufacturing super comfortable hiking boots with extra ankle support. Hence, they guarantee hikers great times hiking with the boots on.

In this article, we will take you through some of our picks for the best hiking boots in the world.

The Most Comfortable Hiking Boots

1. Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Boots

If your regular trails are full of streams and unpredictable weather, Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX can be your best choice. Made from water-resistant mesh with coated leather, these boots from Salomon have always been among the most comfortable hiking boots on the market.

The boots come with mudguards and tongue designed to keep debris away, ensuring your feet comfort and ventilation even when you hike under the rain or on any wet trail.

Mfupxym.jpg

2. Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof

Merrell has been among the leading names in the field of hiking boots. With top-notch performance and innovative features, Merrell hiking boots are highly recommended by many experts. Likewise, the Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof is one of The Best Hiking Boots on the market.

The model is sworn by many hikers for many great and outstanding factors. First of all, it has a short break in time. And once you finally break in the shoes, it is great at keeping your feet dry and well ventilated regardless of the hiking conditions.

Besides, with the contoured footbeds with extra heel support, the Moab 2 ensures you the utmost comfort even on long hikes. There is the Vibram sole with deep lugs to provide extra traction as it helps hikers cling on rough terrains.

3. Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boot

aaJ9xk8.jpg

This sleek pair of boots are the ideal choice for anyone planning on long hikes for its offering both style and comfort. Given the reputation of the Columbia brand, you can never go wrong with their hiking boots. This model particularly is built with leather and mesh for a classic look yet extreme durability.

For extra comfort, the boots are designed with Techlite™ cushioned midsoles, which are lightweight yet supportive. At the same time, the Omni-Grip™ non-marking rubber outsoles help provide hikers support and traction, making them the best lightweight hiking boots on rough terrains like rocks and grass.

The best thing about this model is how Columbia keeps it waterproof while still ensuring breathability. These factors are provided thanks to the mesh textile with leather and seam-sealed construction.

See Also: Best hiking boot reviews

Conclusion

We hope this article can help guide you to the most comfortable hiking boots for your next hike. Consider your needs and refer to our honest review and you will be able to get the ideal pair of boots for yourself.

Last edited:
If it is just for web browsing and non-gpu intensive games, why use a $300 processor and $150 GPU? Get a lower end CPU with integrated graphics. It will be way cheaper and still be overkill.

Something like a Ryzen 3200g would suit her needs. Coupled with a cheap B450 board and 8GB ram and you are done for $200-250

I'm wondering how that system isn't still plenty good enough for web browsing/games as it stands.... :confused:

Before spending any money, consider wiping out Windows and starting from scratch... :thup:

I'm wondering how that system isn't still plenty good enough for web browsing/games as it stands.... :confused:

Before spending any money, consider wiping out Windows and starting from scratch... :thup:

This. A Haswell i7 should be more than adequate for doing what granny does on her computer.

What have you tried in the way of troubleshooting?

Does the OS have corrupted system files?: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Are there infections that need cleaning?

Have you run chkdsk to look for and remap bad sectors? Use PowerShell with admin privileges and type: chkdsk /f /r

Is the hard drive failing? Check it with CrystalDiskInfo.

How exactly is the computer misbehaving?

Make sure your decision making here is in her best interest. A lot of older people need to be careful with money.

+1 I would do a clean install of windows 10. If you don't have windows 10 it would be a nice upgrade.

Is she using an SSD? If not I would do a fresh install on a new SSD and save her a bunch of money. Otherwise, I would do a new I5 10400, asus Prime B460 MB, 8-16Gb mem, 500gb NVMe and a descent 500-600PSU. Use the onboard graphics. You can also do the AMD equivalent and it might save you $100-150.

I third this. At best you could add a new SSD but I would bet a fresh Windows install would make a world of difference. My kids both use basically that same age pc with i5 CPUs and both can play any game up to and including Modern Warfare: Warzone with no problem. Your aunt should be able to do anything she needs with it.

Back