• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC-V3000 Delima

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gunndykol

Just ordered the Lian Li PC-V3000 case for my computer rebuild (from a Dark Base Pro 900), because I want more rad space + really like the look of the vertical radiator basement. Along with the new case, I'm going to be ordering two new radiators to go along with it and can't decide which way to go.

Black Ice Nemesis GTX 420 + 480

or

EKWB 420 CE + 480 XE

I like the multi-port option on the 480XE to allow me to run two 90 degree fittings directly off of the ports and up into the main chamber without having to use extensions....plus I can use one of the other bottom ports for the drain valve directly off the radiator for maximum drainage.

However, I also want to keep my fan speeds low (750-1200 RPM range) as much as possible to try and run whisper quiet and the XE seems like it struggles with fans below 1300 RPM unless you do push/pull (which won't fit in this scenario). The GTX line from HardwareLabs seem to do very well with sub 1000 RPM fans speeds and hold their own all the way up to 1800 RPMs from everything I can find. It's not till after that where the XE line seems to win out cooling wise.

Plus the 420 GTX is thicker than the 420 CE for the top radiator.

Leaving the front populated with fans only for now (can always add another 360mm rad to the front in the future if I really want to...but full AirFlow fans in the front seems like the best option for me right now to make sure the top rad is getting as much cool air as possible.

I'm probably just dealing with a rather equal situation and can't go wrong either way....but figured I'd ask some others which way they would choose.

Current Rig
Intel I7-7820x @ 4.9 GHz
MSI GTX 1080 TI Gaming X (SLI)
32 GB Corsair Vengence RGB DDR4-3000
250GB Samsung 850 EVO
1000GB Samsung 850 EVO
3000GB Western Digital Green
Corsair HX1200i Platinum PSU

Have a look at BlackIce SR1s or SR2s (Newer) or Alphacool's ST line. Those are all for low RPM fans since they are low FPI rads. I think they might have bumped up the FPI on the SR2s but you might have to check. I think it might be in the mid teens but I think you should still be ok tbh.

Back