• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc1066 modules

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just checked componentsdirect.com's rating on resellerratings.com. They have 3.28/10. That's the worst score I have ever seen. My dealing with them so far has not been great. I hope I don't get screwed.

Acanthus said:
ALL 1066-32 sticks will OC to pc1200, 32ns is actually pc1200 they are just more conservative with the rating because PC1200 isnt officially supported by any chipset yet (someone needs to make the damn clockgens) 1066-35 is true 1066 rating. Ive heard of some 1066-32 modules going beyond pc1200, but not many people have motherboards capable of speeds over 1066 so its hard to tell at this point where instabilitys come from. :cool:

This is what I was thinking. It's not wether the RAM can take the higher speeds, but wether the mobos bus can support them. I was thinking about getting the Abit TH7II, but it only officially supports 800, so I don't know if I'd be able to get it up to 1200 with a 1066 stick.

I think you'll find that 1200 is too much to expect out of the TH7-II, additionally, 1200 is too much to expect out of about any RDRAM mobo on the market right now. Remember, there is no standard for PC1200 yet and PC1066 is just now getting started. It's not that the TH7-II can't handle it, but the current DRCG chips are not up to the task. That said, several people have been running the TH7-II up to 1120-1160 MHz. They will run PC1066 and I'm guessing the memory bus on most TH7-II will go up to at least 1100 MHz.

hey guys havent forgotten you. i ran into a little technical prob. my th7ll bios is old, so it wont boot my 1.6 northwood. soon as i get a new bios shipped ill let u know. flapperhead

I bought some Samsung PC1066 RDRAM modules from componentsdirect.com and they were remarked PC800. They tried to be clever by sticking a "Warranty Void if Removed" sticker over the part of the label that said PC800. They wouldn't run at 533FSB. After several phone calls, they've agreed to send me some Kingston modules instead.

DON'T BUY FROM COMPONENTSDIRECT.COM

Here's what the Better Business Bureau has to say abou them.

Bureau File Experience

We rate this company as having an unsatisfactory business performance record based on a pattern of unanswered customer complaints. Some complainants allege the company fails to deliver ordered products. Other customers complain the company fails to issue refunds for returns or cancelled orders. The company responds to some complaints by shipping late orders, or, in some cases issuing requested refunds. A few complaints are closed as disputed, the customers are not always satisfied with the company's response. Many other complaints remain unanswered. The Better Business Bureau does not endorse, recommend or dissapprove of any company, product or service.

I'm beginning to think it's better to look for 800-45s that can go real high, because they are compatible with both the P4T-E and TH7II no problemo. I hear some people with TH7IIs can't run PC1066 stably, even after tricking the board into using them.

So far, looks like the Kingston PC1066 is only doing around 142-144/4X. Same with the Mushkin E/S PC1066 (I suspect those are reject sticks). The jury's out on the Mushkin PC1066-32 since they aren't available yet.

Heck, I got two 256 MB 800-45s that will do 140/4X. I also have half a dozen 128 MB 800-45s that will pass Memtest all night at 148/4X. And I'm talking four 128 MB sticks running together. I haven't even tested them in pairs since 256 MB ram is too little for gaming, IMO. Problem is when you run them in an OS, have to drop them down to 145-146/4X.

Also it's true what Batboy said. If you got a TH7II, it's a moot point getting PC1200 since you won't touch that. Some people claim 144/4X on the board but that is only PC1152. A majority of people run 3X and even at 180 FSB, all you need is 3X180=540x2=PC1080. All you need is stuff that can do 135/4X.

The P4T-E is a different matter with the -13 DRCGs. I'm currently running 156/3X or 145/4X on mine, so I am looking for stuff that will do 156/4X, since the CPU on that board maxes out at 160 FSB.

At 145/4X, I do get 3616/3610 bandwidth though :D .

Back