• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCE-AC56 Blue Screen uTorrent

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

istari675

I've had this wireless card for a few weeks now and havent had any issues at all. Yesterday I tried torrenting with utorrent and got a blue screen within minutes. Every time I start a torrent it blue screens within minutes. Limiting the bandwidth does nothing to help the situation. I even tried using generic drivers that windows grabs. They only have 1 driver available for windows 10 for me to try out. When I plug in through ethernet the issue does not appear. I have tried performing scans with malwarebytes as well as many other antimalware software packages. Anyone have any ideas?

Recent Windows 10 updates have caused a lot of problems with WIFI and Blue tooth adapters. Tried checking drivers just now on the Asus' website but it's down for maintenance.

Recent Windows 10 updates have caused a lot of problems with WIFI and Blue tooth adapters. Tried checking drivers just now on the Asus' website but it's down for maintenance.

As of yesterday I am using the latest drivers. I am mostly just looking for a way around it since I can't stay plugged into Ethernet. Is this just an ongoing problem, or is this getting worked on now?

Some Broadcom wireless chipsets are known for being buggy. Unfortunately, it looks like some new Intel wireless chipsets also have some issues. A Qualcomm or Ralink card might be your best bet.

Or get another wireless router, flash it to DD-WRT, and set it to client mode.

I'm using an Archer C7 at the moment. I flashed DD-WRT on my last router but couldent find firmware for this one.

BSODs when torrenting are often down to networking related drivers/filters or remnants of them remaining after an uninstall. Look for firewall (esp. Zonealarm), VPN, AV etc. Use Driverview to check loaded 3rd party drivers and look at the modified date column, ideally, driver date should be later than the latest SP release date - though W10 refreshes/upgrades make that difficult. Post June 2015 drivers are likely to be more stable than anything earlier, which really should be avoided where possible

Back