• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Peltier and power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

horn dog

I'm getting ready to go to a 1.3mhz bird with water cooling and I have an enermax 450 for PS. Any need to go to an alternate power source for the 156 watt peltier? or would a 122 do just as well?

An Enermax 651 is barely adequate for a 156 watt pelt. You should consider an external PSU to provide 15 volts. FWIW, my 651 and 156 watt pelt are going to run a chiller. The 172 watt pelt with a 24 volt PSU is more suited to cooling a hot Bird.

Colin (Mar 27, 2001 08:37 p.m.):
An Enermax 651 is barely adequate for a 156 watt pelt. You should consider an external PSU to provide 15 volts. FWIW, my 651 and 156 watt pelt are going to run a chiller. The 172 watt pelt with a 24 volt PSU is more suited to cooling a hot Bird.

Thanks for the input!

What do you think about a second PS internally, I've got a 300 watt Deer not doing anything ? If I use it for the pelt and the Enermax for everything else, do you think that would handle the amps? I've looked at the external PS and $125 seems a little high.

If i'm not mistaken, Deer power supplies can only handle about 8 amps. Unless your TEC runs at 24 volts, I don't think you can get its full effects.

Back