• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

people with 2.6c and 3.0c please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jo-Jo

hi everyone-

need some advice please. my 2.6c only goes up to 3.2@246(1.57v)/5:4(2.8) - this all on a stock retail hsf. this is the best i can do completely stable. i can bring fsb up 265(1.6v)/5:4, but i cant run stable with prime95. i get the same results if i set the ram to 3:2. i was reading a lot here and there about water cooling.

i assume that water cooling would let me get to fsb of 265, prime stable for 3 days? if not, then would it be better to sell my chip and just add some money to get a 3.0c? ive been reading here about that chip getting between 3.6-3.9, and the lottery winning few that get >4.0

i think that spending the money on a new chip would yield the best increase in speed, as well as the least amount of money spent. considering that i sell my old chip, of corse. water cooling would cost me from $135 - $275 to get to 3.44, selling my chip, then adding $75-$100 to get to 3.6 - 3.9... which is better?

whats the worst o/c you have seen out of your 3.0c? if there is a good chance i can get 3.8~3.9, and would would i need more then stock cooling?

thanks guys

Last edited:
Captain Newbie said:
Best people to ask is the Intel CPU section :mad:

There are no guarantees with your overclocking. It could be that you have found the limit, even if you changed your cooling.

oops, yeah i already asked a MOD of fix this

so its possible to hit the cpu wall with just the stock cooling?

my max stable is 3.2 also with an sp-94 and 92mm panaflo...can post up to about 260fsb

im using value ram though and i cant really test my cpu b/c my mb doesnt like the 3:2

The prime stable limit of my 3.0c is 240Mhz FSB on water @ 1.725 vcore 235MHz FSB on air @ 1.625 vcore. With Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu temps go over 60 with vcore more than 1.625. and processor life will be affected running over 1.7 vcore. So, In my case, 3.525 is the limit. I've done a lot of reading on several forums and found that most of the 3.0c chips hit the wall @ around 3.6GHz on air or water. Obviously some folks get a good chip and go farther, up to 4.0GHz but if you expect that you're 95% to 99% sure to be disappointed.

Well, my WK is running 250 stable dual prime. I just envy those who are running 4 ghz on air. 1.66 Vcore and 2.9Vdimm. CPU is running @ 39 idle. i think its a good OC. heres the catch, most ppl who runs 4 ghz is not using 1:1.

i followed a link that someone posted about 3.0's ability. what i read on that forum was the same from what your telling me now. 3.0's average 3.5-3.6

if p4e's start to overclock into the 4.0 range as nicely as the 2.4, 2.6, 2.8 o/c to 3.2 range, then ill think about that.

i guess ill just wait and save money for a long long while. im happy at 3.2 on stock air- mostly happy when i know its here next to my feet. all this reading here on the forums is like chain somking with their upgrades.

ill probly end up with the water setup. a cheap one, all pieced out.

Last edited:
I have a sl6wk. with a feb. packdate

Dual Prime Stable
was running 240 at 1.55V w/ Zalman AlCu (41c / 61c)
NOW running 250 at 1.675V w/ Koolance Exos (41c / 50c)

kcstock said:
I have a sl6wk. with a feb. packdate

Dual Prime Stable
was running 240 at 1.55V w/ Zalman AlCu (41c / 61c)
NOW running 250 at 1.675V w/ Koolance Exos (41c / 50c)

how do you run two primes at the same time?

Im running 252 fsb at 1.6v right now. the ceiling seems to be 3.3ghz for the 2.6c. If I had more voltage I might get some more out but gigabyte stops it at 1.6v. Im currently looking for a volt mod to get some more out of it. Im thinking of getting a 3.0c and some faster memory in the near future myself.

Jo-Jo said:

how do you run two primes at the same time?

Run once from windows. Then open the command prompt and cd to \program files\prime95 (or wherever you installed prime95) and type prime95 -A2

Back