• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PERFECT Shroud for the Chevette HCore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it did look like that first link but since the lids are different, I cant guarantee it.

That one also looks like it might have ribbing to the container portion (illusion?). Mine are totally smooth.

Ahh well I got a chance to get out to target, and after some looking and having to chase down a sales cleark I got some :)

Pictures:

rubbermaid_tubs_01.jpg

rubbermaid_tubs_02.jpg

Look closely at the second image and you can get allot of information about the product. Now I need a REAL fan.

intriguing.. so the local target will hopefully have this.. i just lookd up the nearest target location about 30 mins ago.. i think i might run up there tmrw to get 2... how much did they cost by the way? were they 99 cents like the first post says?

max

Yeah 99 cents each - that should be a key part in finding them. They are exactly 99 cents. Not .89, not 1.09

Whats that a pic for lothar? Is that a purchased shroud or a DIY?

Or just showing that you put the fan outside the case also?

I believe Lothar is going to continue to keep ragging on us about our cheap shrouds until the day comes that he has to use one.

Hey BigSmokey I wannna say thanks for this Idea. Since i've seen this the first time i pointed it it to my wife and we looked for it but no luck :( . Till yesterday. I found it at target just as you said brought it home and in an hour had a great shroud to replace the ghetto cardboard one I had to get me by.
Also I've seen many people here say Going the DIY way is most of the fun and realize they are right. this was a blast to look for and i was like a kid in a candy store when i found it.

i got them at target too i am going to work on a "HOW TO" and post it I PMed BigSmokey for this info and i got them at target

They are the regular rubbermaid, not supersaver or any other special jazz, just plain old rubbermaid w/ the white lid
1.3QT/1.2L/5.2 cups
model 7A26 (if i am reading that right)
upc # 071691170198
hope this helps.
OH and they are .68 now 1.36 for two

The DIY "how to" has been done here and is IMO very good. The only new info I have for it is this piece of tupperware.

If you think you can add more insight, go for it.

yeah but a new one would include information pretaining to this specific piece of tupperwear, making things easier especailly since we tell you exactly where to get it and such...

i actually took a bunch of pics when i got this shroud and when i modded it.. i could do a writeup if you want me to.. but i have no idea where to host the pix

max

mine were .99 also.

I went back and bought some extras also, just because I like to have extra everything

<--- packrat

Lt. Max said:
i actually took a bunch of pics when i got this shroud and when i modded it.. i could do a writeup if you want me to.. but i have no idea where to host the pix

max

ya know I gotcha... email them to me and I'll host them, sending you back links to the pictures to insert into your "writeup" :)

They aren't exactly a perfect fit are they? It seems a bit small. I'll try cutting the perimeter tomorrow to see if i can bend the shape a bit to fit my chevette heatercore.

Back