• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

performance-pcs.com . malware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Droidene

Registered
What going on at performance-pcs ??
Im getting:
The site ahead contains malware
Attackers currently on performance-pcs might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages, and credit cards). etc etc.

Are you guys also getting this?

Last edited:
What going on at http://www.performance-pcs.com ??
Im getting:
The site ahead contains malware
Attackers currently on www.performance-pcs.com might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages, and credit cards). etc etc.

Are you guys also getting this?

If you're getting this there is no reason for anyone to click your links and find out, is there?

What is your malware detection software that's giving the message?

Yeah, I got it this morning. Had stuff in my cart last night, no issue. Went to update my cart today and got that. They did just get power back, they might be sorting through some stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're getting this there is no reason for anyone to click your links and find out, is there?

It's the standard PPCS site, I got it this morning. Google is flagging it as Malware.

Last edited:

What is your malware detection software that's giving the message?

Im sorry, i didn't mean to link it.
I guess it al sorted, i just happen to click i understand and take the risc to continue to the site.
I was just afraid something happened to them.

Yea that one, i cant seems to get ride of it, everytim i open a new tab, it show up. akk

You should be able to click the 'visit this unsafe site' link at the bottom if you wish to. Otherwise, maybe try another browser. I can confirm IE shows the same though.

man they really seem to be having a lot of problems with their website.

a few days ago it was reporting malware
then it was fixed and working (I placed an order 9/16)
then this morning it was down completely
then it was up
now it's reporting malware again

geez

I spoke to someone there, it's something that is getting flagged in the coding of their site (don't quote me on what exactly, I'm going from memory of when I spoke to them). They had to submit the updated coding for review to be removed from Google's flagging, it may still be in the process. It was only showing this on Chrome and Edge I believe. I used Firefox and did not see the issue.

firefox gave me the same warning just now. checked it out with a back up rig. its a false positive. according to the onsite malware/virus scanner sucuri they are clean and have already been scanned today. looks like they updated the website logo. thats the only difference i saw. theres a 12%off coupon advertised but it also says it expires on monday at midnight according to the facebook posting on the website. bummer for them, im sure its got to be killing sales.

it gives the warning if you put something in your cart to.

firefox gave me the same warning just now. checked it out with a back up rig. its a false positive. according to the onsite malware/virus scanner sucuri they are clean and have already been scanned today. looks like they updated the website logo. thats the only difference i saw. theres a 12%off coupon advertised but it also says it expires on monday at midnight according to the facebook posting on the website. bummer for them, im sure its got to be killing sales.

it gives the warning if you put something in your cart to.

I placed an order with them Sunday, I didn't have any issues with Firefox. I wonder if they're having more issues with Google. On the plus side, my order shipped first thing Monday. They're getting orders out at a very fast pace right now.

Weird. My order hasn't shipped yet and I places it Saturday

If you got the order confirmation email, at the bottom of it is a link to their mobile tracking. I'd check that, chances are it shipped and you didn't get an email on it.

Good call. I didn't see that link.

But alas, just checked it and it's still in "Processing" :/

edit, emailed them and they responded that orders generally take 48hrs for processing before shipment if there wasn't rush processing selected.

Last edited:
man they really seem to be having a lot of problems with their website.

a few days ago it was reporting malware
then it was fixed and working (I placed an order 9/16)
then this morning it was down completely
then it was up
now it's reporting malware again

geez

Given the description on stopbadware.org, I'm guessing they've got a security hole somewhere and somebody is uploading "ads" that redirect to malware. If they're just "fixing" it by removing the links and not closing the hole that's putting them there, they're going to keep getting blacklisted.

Given the description on stopbadware.org, I'm guessing they've got a security hole somewhere and somebody is uploading "ads" that redirect to malware. If they're just "fixing" it by removing the links and not closing the hole that's putting them there, they're going to keep getting blacklisted.

very true. that could be the case.

PPCS initially stated that it was an issue with a "script" they had been running for 10yrs but one of the links it pointed to became compromised. their fix was to remove the script. then they were clean again. but yeah, the problem is back.

Doesn't Chrome flag sites like these if they have mismatch SSL certs or something like that? I wouldn't believe that PPCS would get compromised overnight, nevertheless Google flagging them over night without having a large amount of data to support this claim.

Back