• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Permanently Expand Start Menu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueNostromo

Start-menu-secrets-03.jpg

I am wanting to make my start menu look like this again. I hate the shortened look. You can see this older look if you press start, then click the three bars at the top left. I want to have this permanently expanded. I am open to all methods of achieving this, even making edits in files. I do not know where to start/look.

Yes ive tried google

My start menu looks like what you show in post #1 by default. I have never seen the shortened menu you describe until I clicked on the three bars. I haven't seen that mode on any of my computers or on any of my customer's computers. What version of Windows 10 are you using and what is the latest feature update you have installed?

What do you mean "shortened look"?

You can grab the top or bottom edge and left or right edge (depending upon where your start menu is anchored) and resize it and it will stay that new size.

Are you aware that there are start menu configuration options in Windows Settings?

start-menu.png

Back