• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Phenom 945 & Uefi bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anton3

Registered
I took some screenshots but cant find where they are saved

CPU: phenom ii 945 3.0
Chipset: 970
Bios settings / steps taken:
I took all of the settings off auto and placed them on manual, turned on OC Genie ll and let it "find my max settings" , turned off oc genie and my only option for the FSB was 225 without the ability to go higher or even lower, multiplier is maxed at 15x

I wasnt sure if taking my voltage off auto was a good idea

Attachments

• IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 442
  • IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 248
  • UkiPnGx.png
    UkiPnGx.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Took the images with a phone couldnt find save location for better quality

what happens when you select standard mode?

that should release it from gene mode.

Im using standard mode, but no luck changing the settings for FSB , should I clear my CMOS and start over?

What is the make and model of the motherboard?

Have you tried pushing the "+" and "-" keys to change the values for the line item in question?

Its an MSI 970A-G46 ( Not the greatest in the world but I needed a crossfire motherboard with a 9xx chipset for my Radeon 770 toxic setup )
not to mention upgradability to FX Vishera processors

Last edited:
the + - worked, but CPU-z is not showing results

Attachments

• 8deh.png
    8deh.png
    570.9 KB · Views: 145
It looks like it is. Just that you've got 200 x 15 @ 1.368v. Which obviously conflicts with your task manager read-out. I'd say start over, get all settings to a default, re-splash the screenies, then you'll know 'what's up with that?'.

SO this time instead of using OC genie to get a rough overclock, when I take everything off of "Auto" , Select the lowest possible cpu voltage, and 1066mhz ram frequency and start from there?

Attachments

• IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    775.5 KB · Views: 148
Run CPU-Z with your settings at stock/auto, like they are in the screenie above. Also open your task manager. See if they agree. This will be your baseline. OC from there.

They were matching up untill I dropped my ram to 800mhz / 3.5 mhz , Should I change the cpu voltage to 3.5v, move up one notch and reboot?

also, the error on core 3 lol

Attachments

• 8deh.png
    8deh.png
    394.6 KB · Views: 142
Dolks guide shows CPU voltage ≈ 1.35v so im going to lower the fsb

What kind of cooling are you using? The temps look o.k., just asking.

Don't get your CPU voltage up past about 1.4v unless you've got some good cooling and air flow. The instability is probably a combination of settings so tweak your voltage up slowly. Also, you can adjust your BCLK down a little, see where that leads. Once you've dialed in @ 3.5 stable, push towards 3.6. A little here and there. Not too much all at once at this point.

What kind of cooling are you using? The temps look o.k., just asking.

Don't get your CPU voltage up past about 1.4v unless you've got some good cooling and air flow. The instability is probably a combination of settings so tweak your voltage up slowly. Also, you can adjust youri
BCLK down a little, see where that leads. Once you've dialed in @ 3.5 stable, push towards 3.6. A little here and there. Not too much all at once at this point.

Corsair waterblock with 2 fans on thr radiator, nota h100.. I think its the h60

So once i stable this out at 1.6v thats the end for me? already at 42c

Attachments

• 8deh.png
    8deh.png
    352.4 KB · Views: 211
Thank you for all the help guys, I think its stable ( will know in 24h ) In the meantime going to go order some liquid nitrogen but I'm not addicted, can stop whenever I want.

Thank you for all the help guys, I think its stable ( will know in 24h ) In the meantime going to go order some liquid nitrogen but I'm not addicted, can stop whenever I want.

The settings used for the capture below are NOT stable. Core #2 dropped out with an error.

attachment.php

That screenshot was before I turned the voltage up, its running still without an error. Going to let it go overnight

1.6v now, my vcore does get kind of hot after about an hour 77c, would it be a good idea to change the ht link from 2500 back to 2000?

Back