• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Phenom 945 & Uefi bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man, you running that vcore at 1.6? You don't like that CPU do you? And 77c core temp is not good. We advise staying at a max of mid 50s c. under load.

This was the lowest I could go without getting the round 0.5 expected 0.4 error

Attachments

• yky1.png
    yky1.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 49
What frequency are you running the CPU at now? Your images are so small I cannot make out the values in CPU-z. Please don't capture the whole desktop when you take screen shots. Use Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories to crop the relevant images before uploading them. You can upload three at a time and add more later with the edit button.

3.5mhz is a noticeable performance increase over 3.0 and 3.3 with Maya 2013 , Battlefield 4 and Total War: Rome ll so I've decided to keep that, I was able to lower the voltages to 1.368 ( May be able to go to 1.35 )

My Ram however is 3:8 , is there anyway to get that closer to 1:1
When the overclock started the freq was at 1033 and I turned it back up to 1333 before running prime95
also went from 6 clock to 9 clock cas latency but havnt noticed any performance drops

Attachments

• gOIJzGq.png
    gOIJzGq.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 28
  • iim0.png
    iim0.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 39
  • UkiPnGx.png
    UkiPnGx.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 45
I'm feeling a little brave since im using an am3+ socket now, gives me an excuse to buy myself a fancy 1090t x6 thuban

Edit: After I change the clock timing* on my RAM would it be a good idea to run something like unigine haven or are large fft's alright

Last edited:
You probably need to lower your HT Link frequency. That one doesn't like to be overclocked much and stock is 2000 mhz. Keep it between 1800-2100 mhz.

And increase your CPU/NB voltage to about 1.225.

Please add the "SPD" tab to the pic cluster. That one is important as it shows us manufacturer recommendations for RAM timings and voltages at various frequency levels.

On my last motherboard I kept getting errors about the Northbridge frequency cant exceed something or whatever so I thought it best to leave it alone, errors included HT sync floods.

Should I adjust the frequency itself or change the setting from 10 (2000) to 9 ( 1900 ) and let it run at the adjusted frequency from the FSB increase

Attachments

• w2le.png
    w2le.png
    20 KB · Views: 36
  • iim0.png
    iim0.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 33
  • V274QoK.png
    V274QoK.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 34
Yes drop the HT multi to 8x which would be just over 1800 or 9x which is lmost 2100. If you plan on upping the FSB any more gowith the 8x multiplier.

I tried to change the DRAM Freq clock timing from 9 to 8 in the bios and my computer didnt boot , could that have been the reason I needed 1.600v to stable 3.7mhz?

That first picture is kind of blurry.

FSB - 234
CPU multi - 15
CPU_NB ratio -10
DRAM freq - 1066

Attachments

• IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 46
I was talking about you HT link frequency multi not ram timing your ram looked OK for the speed you're running it so put it back the way it was.

Man, your bios uses the strangest terminology I've ever seen! "Advanced DRAM Configuration"? Well then, put it back to 9x. Apparently, it's not liking a large disparity between the CPU/NB frequency and the HT Link Frequency, which will be limiting.

Well at 8x my ht link speed is at an acceptable speed

the gains between ram speed + higher timings vs low speed and shorter timings only really effect synthetic benchmarks so I suppose I could leave it be

I wonder if the AMD branded Radeon RAM is good for overclocking? Its suppose to work well for people using it in conjunction with radeon r200x and XDMA

Edit: Im just trying to justify buying new things dont listen to me lol

Are you saying the Northbridge itself is hitting 60c? That's certainly not excessively hot for a northbridge temp but if you mean the socket temp is hitting 60c then that's about the max you can expect before encountering instability. It can be difficult to sort out exactly what component is being reported on in the HWMonitor TMPINx section. A lot of motherboards anymore don't even have a NB temp sensor per se but there are sensors nearby.

The max I would try to run on that CPU is 1600, at 1333 you can tighten it a bit if possible but personally I wouldn't bother with new ram for the benefits you'll see. I'd save my pennies and do a full upgrade soon. But that's just me.

Its not the best rig but I wouldnt say it needs a full upgrade >.> We'll see what happens when I try to max watch_dogs on a 120hz screen

Back