• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II 965 Running Hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Remounted. Ran Prime95 for 20 minutes, restarted without saving the screen shot....

Temps were at 65, which is about 9 less than the first run.

Trying to work out how to change vcore on this motherboard. It seems they've made it anything but easy. Downloading AI Suite 2, looks like you can do it from there.

Oh, and now I get a message saying CPU fan has failed or running slow when I start up. So that's fun. Not that I care, it's 5:20am and I'm done for now.

Thank you everyone for your help, it's very much appreciated.

Tranq, you may have to enable overclocking somewhere in order to be able to adjust the V Core.

Ok. Vcore changed to 1.35v. It was actually ridiculously easy, and right there in front of me. I shouldn't really attempt to fix something at such a late/early hour, I guess. It's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

Again, thank you to everyone who helped.

Anyway, after 20 minutes running Prime95.

Attachments

• cpuid3.jpg
    cpuid3.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 31
That's more like it. Now, run the Prime95 blend test for at least 2 hr. to confirm stability. 20 minutes would only establish tentatively stability so that you know you would be close if not completely stable.

@Tranq76 as you can see, it's not hard to change a few settings when you read/look around and tinker. for this reasons, it'd be worth spending $30 on a hyper 212+ (assuming it fits, the thing is like 5" tall.) they make other types also, so knowing how much room you have is very wise. this will drop your temps DRAMATICALLY; for me it dropped my stock idle temps (on a PhII 925) by 15-20c, and load temps by over that. once the cpu cooler is upgraded, you can lock in a nice overclock; and get 15-20% extra processing power with a few simple changes in the bios; it is QUITE addicting.

Back