• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II OC General consensus not to use sleep mode?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bdanny55

Hello,

so after messing around with an old Phenom II 955 BE, I've decided not to play around anymore and left it at a very mild OC (3.4) as it's just my mom's PC. But turns out it doesn't wake from sleep half the time. Most forums say that sleep doesn't play well with voltages.

So is the general consensus not to use sleep? Or is it just that I lowered the voltages too much? (they show at around 1.34v in hwinfo)

Thanks!

Sleep mode and OC were always tricky. When you start changing all the Auto power settings thing get confusing for the motherboard. My suggestion would be to try using multiplier only and offset voltage for the core. Leave all power savings enabled and see if it'll work. If you have a decent CPU cooler you should be able to do much better than 3.4 most 955's OC'd very well

Back