• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom X4 955 Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mesmus

Hi,

First time overclocker here :)

So i want to squeeze some more juice from my PC and have read a few guides but still just cant get the gist of it.

So i went into bios and tried some things and crashed and had to reset CMOS with battery.

Now i tried again and it seems to be abit more stable.

At the moment i think its

3.5Ghz
220mhz bus speed
1980Mhz HT link
cpu voltage 1.440v
10.5x multiplier

These are figures from cpu-z and they keep fluctuating but these seem to be the most common.

I am aiming for 4Ghz and want to keep going from here :D

Can i use my pc while testing prime95 or do i have to leave it overnight?

Post your complete system spec's including the exact model of RAM, or at least the rated frequency, timings, and voltage.

AMD Phenom X4 955 3,2 Ghz

8GB DDR3 RAM (dont know exact model of ram though)
NB frequency, 1981.6Mhz
DRAM frequency 440.0Mhz
FSB:DRAM, 1:2
CAS# Latency(CL), 6.0 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 6 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 6 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 15 clocks
Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 20 clocks

1TB Seagate hardrive

XFX 6870 GDDR5 1GB

Asrock 880GMH-LE/USB3

What are you using for a CPU cooler? Have you checked core temps and CPU socket temps under full load of Prime95 blend? If not, download and install HWMonitor and Prime95. Open HWMonitor on the desktop and leave it open while you run 20 minutes of the Prime95 blend test. Post back with an attached pic of the HWMonitor interface when that's done. Here's how to attach pics with posts:

First crop and then save the pic to disc. Cropping is important if the image includes a lot of irrelevant surrounding desktop territory. In other words, we don’t want to see your whole desktop. That just shrinks down the important stuff we need to see so that it may not be legible. Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories is great for this if you have Vista or later. If not, you can use the built-in Windows keyboard strokes or download a freeware cropper/capture tool. Then click on Go Advanced at the bottom of any new post window. When the advanced post window appears, click on the little paperclip tool at the top. This will load the file browser/up-link tool and the rest will be obvious. You can attach up to three pics per post but you can go back later and add more if necessary.

What is the make and model of your case? How many and how large are the case fans? Where are the fans located and how are they oriented with regard to push/pull? Good case ventilation is critical in keeping temps down when overclocking.

What is the make and wattage of your PSU?

Please post back with more info

Back