• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PhenomII 965 be over 4.2 GHz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only option I haven't tried yet is using some better stix of ram. Dammit I feel like biting my leg for going that cheap with the rams. Recently the ram prices became insane and right now I am inconveniently poor :mad:
Johan, that mobo of mine has really bad chipset heat sink. I put a fan on that. The chipset temp sits at 40+/-*C on load. Tried once upping the FSB, the mobo didn't like it. Later I tried going only by upping FSB, reached ~270 MHz and had to quit 'cause I am a working class hero and duty called...

Ya, but raising it by only 5 shouldn't be an issue rally and it'll give you that 100 MHz you're looking for.

That's all you can do, try a few things and see if you make any headway.

Well I went missing for quite a long time, I apologize. But there were some sufferings of another kind I had to go through...
Anyways, after a lot of hertz me and hurts me plenties, again-no joy. Finally I got 4300 MHz stable... at 1.58V CPU VID and -15*C inside my room - that CPU will hit 50+*C like...
So, no, my chip can't surpass 4.2 GHz without overvolting. Also I replaced my RAM sticks with a pair of g.skill snipers, I believe that brought a vast improvement of the overall performance of my rig. Then I joyfully marched into Unsafetyland. Now I can foresee even more cold and miserable winter days for me, because I want to get this settings stable :p
View attachment 165845

Back