• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Picture and result on my X2 3800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Try to increase CPU FSB little at a time and test for stability. As long as you keep it under 65c load, you should be OK.

Hey everyone I have posted this at XS but I will try and keep this up as well. Here is the latest oc on air still. I am waiting on the Mach1 to come in the mail and the mod kit. Anyway here is a SS....

Robert where are you at on your oc..

I also did a couple of little changes to my rig. I put a HS over my PWMIC so it runs a little cooler and then I put a 90mm fan at the bottom of my case cuz I found an area under my vid card and in front of the chipset...

Attachments

• PWMIC-HS.jpg
    PWMIC-HS.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 66
  • NewFan.jpg
    NewFan.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 57
  • 2.95-2.jpg
    2.95-2.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 60
njkid32 said:
Hey everyone I have posted this at XS but I will try and keep this up as well. Here is the latest oc on air still. I am waiting on the Mach1 to come in the mail and the mod kit. Anyway here is a SS....

Robert where are you at on your oc..

I also did a couple of little changes to my rig. I put a HS over my PWMIC so it runs a little cooler and then I put a 90mm fan at the bottom of my case cuz I found an area under my vid card and in front of the chipset...

Wow your temps are awesome ! I bet I could hit 2.9 with temps like that ! :drool:

Look at mine :shrug:

2.8_X2.JPG

Embarassingly hot in here :eh?:

Hey nOx34 did you pop the top off that thing? Cuz I did and it made a hug diff! My ss is at idle with my TT Big Typhoon. Is yours under load or is that at idle?

njkid32 said:
Hey nOx34 did you pop the top off that thing? Cuz I did and it made a hug diff! My ss is at idle with my TT Big Typhoon. Is yours under load or is that at idle?

Well IHS is still on ... i don't plan on removing it as I've had bad experiences with it in the past : It all went fine for a while , I got 2.7ghz (IHS off) with my Winny when I could only do 2.62 with the IHS on but after a while the chip just died on me . I'm willing to trade a few mhz over chip safety this time . At least for now :cool: And the temps are at load. At semi-load ... I'm getting 36-38c idle and 45-51°c load . My ambiant varies alot so...

hitechjb1 said:
May I ask what week is your X2?

I believe it's a 27 , but I only looked at the stepping / batch for 10 seconds before popping it in. I'll recheck tomorrow when I get my Swiftech Storm :attn:

I'm going to try this cpu with DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D board. What is the recommendation on BIOS and setting?

Hey njkid!

Any updates on that beautiful chip of yours???? Is it an E6???

Also, I noticed you used to have an ePox board in your sig, and now it's a DFI Lan party. Why the switch, out of curiosity???

I'm switching to AMD in the fall (waiting for R520, and my current card is AGP.). You think all of these great overclocking chips (week 26 and 27) and E6 steppings will be all snatched up by the time I am ready for the build?? Should I buy it now and tuck it away? Or you think they'll still be available in the late Sept/early Oct timeframe??

Also, I'm wondering about the DFI boards. First off, I don't want SLI and second, I want a board where the nb isn't close to the PCI-E slot so I can slap a waterblock on it.

Hey Scroatdog, well I am currently at 2.95ghz at 1.55v. My chip is an E4. Now I just got my Mach1 so I will be testing alot this weekend. I am sure I will break 3ghz under phase.

Get the regular DFI Ultra D cuz you can mod it to the SLI. Its real easy just do a quick search its in here somewhere.

As for the epox mobo that Robert that has it. So you will have to ask him...

I would get the chip now if you can cuz from what I can see the later versions of chips always clock like crap. Thats why I got the week 26 instead of the 27 and look where I am on AIR.

Scroatdog said:
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Who was it that will sift through weeks to find the week you're looking for? Is it Monarch?

I am not to sure but it couldnt hurt to call them and see. GL!

Back