• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

***Piercing noise from fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gandalf

Hey guys,

My 120 just went on me (the day I get my heatercore of course :rolleyes:0 and I was wondering if it is still salvagable.

The problem comes when I try to plug it into a connector, it makes a really REALLY high pitched noise, and the fan jerks a little......almost as if there is not enough power getting into it. I tried a different 4 pin connector, but with no luck.....

Any ideas?

Penguin4x4 said:
Sounds like a bad fan motor to me, :(

Thats why I prefer to use Sanyo Denki 120mm fans on my radiator. The reason Intel uses Sanyo Denkis on the Factory heatsinks is that they know they will run for years with no fuss nor muss. ;)

My opinion is for items like your *radiator and air cooled heatsinks, you should pony up a few extra dollars and get the best fan you can afford.

*(The same goes for a Pump, buy the best and in the end you will save a ton of money)

Its not that old actually, maybe a few months.

And it has barely been used. :eh?:

Ah, this is fine, I made a fairly basic carboard attachment to go on my shroud so that it will fit an 80mm fan! :D This will have to do for now. :)

Back