• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pin Mod Link

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TheGreySpectre said:
I have failed at using the search feature and coulnt find the thread that discusses it

I just bought a 400mhz 1.6Ghz cpu specs here and was wondering if someone could post how to do the pin mod to get it to 2Ghz or 2.13 Ghz

or tell me if I just wasted $50 buying the wrong processor

Thanks

BTW how hard is it to open up an I9300

how did you fit that socket 478 chip in your laptop ??

Mr_Fuchs said:
how did you fit that socket 478 chip in your laptop ??

Not trying to be snotty, but did you actually READ the thread?

steve

i've seen a lot of people do this with the 9300, but would this work with a msi megabook s260 (it uses 915 chipset)?

wfarid said:
i've seen a lot of people do this with the 9300, but would this work with a msi megabook s260 (it uses 915 chipset)?

I would assume so, I just did it to my Acer Aspire 1960 and it works just use AS5 when you are done. Dropped my temp 10c because the stock thermal pad was a piece of tinfoil with paste on both sides. Why would there be metal between the cpu and HS??? :shrug: :shrug:

Anyway, went from 1.5Ghz to 2.0Ghz. I'm going to overclock via software and see how far I can get it. Before the pin mod it would max at 2.15.

**EDIT** I have it overclocked to 2.4Ghz stable and according to sandra it gets the same score as a Pentium 4-e 3.6ghz.

900mhz overclock aint bad for a laptop.

Last edited:
Pin mod i9300

I'm confused. The i9300 7x0 cpu's appears to have a 479 pin arrangement and the 7x5 cpu's a 478 pin arrangement.

What cpu is going to benifit from a pin mod to an i9300 when the only chip that would fit is already running at 533?

I have an i9300 with a pentium m 750 and was going to buy a 715 or 725 pentium m but now believe it won't work.

What I don't understand is why notebookforum.com would have a post about pin modding an i9300?

Last edited:
Back