• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

placing of ramstick

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peugot

hi, my friend can't get his computer to work. when he tries to start it it will send out lots of beeps but it doesent start, so from what i read it may be ram. he have 3 slots, and the module is in slot 2(in the middle, i think he may have tried somthing without know how to do things). should the stick be in the middle or the left side slot?

Best if stick is in slot marked as 1 or 1st counting from cpu side. Also can clean memory pins or use some condensed air to remove dust from memory slots.

What brand of memory modules does your friend have, and what are their voltage ratings? Because I've seen marginal RAM work only in certain slots, but I've never seen any modern or semi-modern motherboards require the modules to be plugged into certain slots to boot or run without error.

What brand of memory modules does your friend have, and what are their voltage ratings? Because I've seen marginal RAM work only in certain slots, but I've never seen any modern or semi-modern motherboards require the modules to be plugged into certain slots to boot or run without error.

this is so old pc that we will never know, its from the 90's :p

he also got a blue screen that say 0x0000007E

Back