• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Playback audio over HDMI with Intel HD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

Currently I have my computer hooked directly to my TV via HDMI from the GTX570. I am running audio to an AVR via Optical... The problem is s/pdif does not support multi-channel audio playback. My video card only has one HDMI out so rather than getting a displayport adapter i thought maybe i could run the audio through the HDMI in my board's integrated graphics. I confirmed that the integrated graphics is working (i can get it to display the desktop) but i cannot get it to pass audio. When I check the sound playback window i see my creative audio card and my GTX570 (i do have "Display Disabled Devices" checked). Any ideas?

I am running windows 10.

I am not trying to play the audio through the nv which does work. I am trying to play it through the intel graphics.

I dont think you can do that? But I am not certain. Audio, on the board, is handled by the onboard audio. discrete graphics have audio, I do not recall ever hearing that the onboard has audio before... .

Same question, different component, did you install the driver?
I don't recall seeing the capability for audio over Intel HD Graphics HDMI though.

Back